Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    standupguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 08:04 PM
    Wrongful Termination
    I am wondering if anyone knows what the statue of limitations is in Missouri state to file a wrongful termination suit?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 24, 2009, 02:29 AM

This will sound sarcastic, but it's not meant to be. The limitation should be yours, not the legal systems. Most people who think they have a wrongful termination suit don't. Most people.

On the other hand, most employers don't really understand what "at-will employee" really means, either. They think it means "I can fire them for any thing or for nothing"... and it doesn't exactly mean that. But, that's another debate and not what you asked.

My only point here is that you only have one life. Be certain you want to waste ANY of it pursuing things like this. It needs to be clearly and absolutely offensive to invest your precious life into the pursuit.

In many cases, you don't have the standing you think you do, most people don't, and TIME IS MONEY, so failing your pursuit represents not only a failure to get money from your old employer, it represents a failure to GET MONEY from the time itself, too. Your time can be spent garnering meaningful compensation on your next "activities"...

Six months after leaving a job, quitting or being fired, 70% of employees find themselves in an equal and frequently better position, so it's worthwhile to move on. Looking back can be expensive, be SURE you want to invest that life blood.
    ==========
    Having said that:

Meanwhile, lots of reading on Missouri law regarding wrongful termination. In a nutshell, there is no "law" regarding it directly, only specific basis for pursuing the cause at all.

TimsLaw.com » Wrongful Termination - Generally - Tim's Missouri Employment Law Info Site

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrongful Termination. [ 2 Answers ]

OK... this is a very detailed and lengthy subject so I'll state the facts and hope for the best. I worked for a very important corporation for almost 4 years. I have had pristine job performance reviews all 4 years, and never had ANY issues getting along with others or thriving in a team...

Wrongful termination [ 7 Answers ]

Im trying to find out if I have a case for wrongful termination. A year ago in July I was falsely accused of a felony crime which went to court an was dropped. In Aug after learing about my arrest my principal calld me for a meeting to ask what had happened. At the time I told him the whole...

Wrongful termination [ 16 Answers ]

My son and I were terminated from our jobs wednesday; Normally I work in the morning shift, but I had requested to have the morning shift off. I received a phonecall on my answering machine in the morning, our employer stated that the place I work had called him, and said I left notes the...

Wrongful termination [ 3 Answers ]

My former employer, fired me for allegedly violating a security rule. I was terminated for plugging a non corporate portable into the Corporate network. I have been using my Macintosh openly, for over NINE MONTHS, in plain sight of all my peers and management and no one ever told me to stop. ...

View more questions Search