Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormrider Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2012, 10:46 AM
    This is about my career... someone please help me take right decision?
    I am second year MBA (finance) student. I don't have any work experience. Though I am in the top 10 colleges of Mumbai (for cet), I am very skeptical about the placements on campus. Everyone is saying markets are bad and you should take whatever company is offering you, which is true to some extent. In my college banks are coming with relationship manager profile which is nothing but more fancy name for sales. Our college has a rule that if you are selected by 1 company then you can't sit for any other company which will come for placements.After working hard for mba, learning complex concepts of finance, doing those 100's of slides of presentation finally doing sales is just so discouraging. But there is no guarantee of good company coming on campus offering good finance profile and I am getting selected there. What should I do? Should I apply for relationship manager post and then try from outside or should I wait and keep trying for good finance profile? I am very confused... please help..
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 6, 2012, 10:52 AM
    I would consider sales simply because that will give you a good view of how that aspect works (for future personal development). You will then have your foot in the door and will easily hear about openings in other departments and at other institutions. And you will be more well-rounded after doing sales (which you might enjoy as you reach out to others--improving your and the institution's customer service).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Complicated decision making ( career, family, love etc) [ 6 Answers ]

I am very confused right now on what to choose? I am in my mid 20s, facing a big change in career move, relationship, family, house, income etc. In the last few months,there are the things happened to me: 1. I bought a big house, I love it and I can't rent it out because it needs more work 2....

Need Guidance to take a decision / to proceed further in my Career [ 1 Answers ]

I am Working at a Software Company in Hyderabad,India. While joining , they have taken a agreement/bond for 2 years. Due to my financial problems , I want to change my job. But this company is not giving my experience letter even I am ready to break the bond by giving the amount. I got a lot of...

What to do about this decision? [ 5 Answers ]

So I have this friend that is having trouble figuring out what he wants. From what he has told me, he wants to be with this girl that makes him feel like he really be himself around, he tells me that he's happy and when he has a bad day just talking to her makes him feel better. The girl he is...

Is my decision right? [ 8 Answers ]

My parents are against my relationship and have threatened to severe ties if I go ahead. She says that she knows it for a fact that we won't make it together for a happy life. Although I love him a lot and trust him fully somewhere inside my mother's remark pinches me. Can you tell me if we will...

View more questions Search