Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AliOoops Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2012, 06:25 PM
    ?Hubby left spigot on patio on position and the hose nozzle in off position.
    Will water pressure build over the weekend? We are out of town and don't want to drive home if we don't have to.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2012, 08:11 PM
    Yes it will build to house pressure. Probably no different than washing a car when you turn off the hose at the nozzle. Do you know if the spigot is regulated or non regulated?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 2, 2012, 08:14 PM
    Hi AliOoops

You should be all set for the weekend, but if you have a neighbor/friend or family member that can quickly/easily drop by and shut the outside spigot off then that wouldn't hurt, either!

Without getting you all worried here... definitely NOT my intention... I'd tell you that you are all set this time, but in the future the spigot should be the least of your concerns... ;)

Here, I'd tell you that if you are going away for any more than a few days you should probably be considering shutting of the entire main water supply to the house... never mind the outside spigot!

Glad to discuss in more detail if you want. For now, enjoy the weekend... :)

Mark

Hi MA0641 (Brian)...was typing when you posted...agree with you 100%
    AliOoops Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 2, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Oh thanks... what a relief! It is a condo complex so the spigot is on our patio but we cannot turn off the main without turning off water for our neighbors unit.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 3, 2012, 07:12 AM
    we cannot turn off the main without turning off water for our neighbors unit.
    Something's wrong here. Sounds like two units with one water bill. Who pays what?
    All of our codes mandate a septate meter and house shut off for each unit. What makes yours different? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Looking to leave position with no compete clause... same field different position [ 4 Answers ]

Wondering if leaving for a different position in same type business <much smaller scale> is enforceable in a no compete clause

Ceiling fan works in the clockwise position but not in the counterclockwise position [ 1 Answers ]

Our ceiling fan (circa 1998, Gulf STream Model 978A/five blade) has the typical switch on the side of the housing to enable the fan to go clockwise or counterclockwise. Counterclockwise works at all three speeds. Clockwise does not work at all. Gives no indication (motor noise) that there is any...

What is the lump above the left eye of the newborn and subsided by changing position [ 2 Answers ]

The lump appear 45 hours after delivery suddenly,she is feeding well,not pale and had no neurogical symptoms and the swelling was disappeared completely her position was changed

Blower would not work on AUTO position just ON position [ 9 Answers ]

I have installed new rooftop unit- electrical heating & cooling- few weeks ago. When I run the cooling everything goes fine (blower and composer) but if I run the heating; heat element will fire up but the blower will not work unless I put the fan on ON position not AUTO position, so, please, I...

View more questions Search