Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilbry33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 13, 2013, 10:25 PM
    New belly button piercing
    Hi, I just got my navel pierced 5 days ago. It didn't hurt to bad afterwards but just yesterday I noticed that it had gotten more red and only under the top ball there is a white ring around the opening. I do the soaking with sea salt and water every day three times a day and wash with soap when I take a shower. When I'm drying it the white is kind of like a goo/liquid. Is this infected already? Should I be seeing my piercer about this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 14, 2013, 04:15 AM
    Don't wash with soap. After showering, let the area air dry, or you will transfer bacteria to it from the towel.
    lilbry33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2013, 04:31 AM
    I only use a qtip to dry the area. It's there a chance that it's infected or should I wait it out for awhile?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Dec 14, 2013, 06:15 AM
    I wouldn't even use a tip. Q tips are not sterilized material.

Do you see a greenish yellow substance around the area? This would be infection. If not and it is only a watery clear discharge, it is not.

Keep with the salt water only put NOTHING near it and wait it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Belly button piercing healing and re-piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I had my belly button pierced 10 years ago (I was 13) and it has gradually shrunk over the years from a 14 to a 6. I can also feel that the skin is thinner as I can feel the bar. I want to take it out and let it heal and have it re-pierced. However I have grown very attached to it and want to...

Belly button piercing [ 1 Answers ]

So I've had my belly pierced for about 5 months and I have had this blood clot thing off and on for a while. I get a ring type bubble around the bottom piercing and blood comes out but I can't get the blood out, it's in a clot type thing! But the bubble is scaring me... Is it badly infected? What...

Belly Button Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I want to pierce my belly button,but I don't have a rod. What can I use for a replacement in the mean time..

Belly Button Piercing [ 10 Answers ]

My mom has finally decided to let me do it. I am getting it done professionally but I am afraid of the pain. I am no where near 18 ( I am 12 ) but I have no idea if I should get it because of the pain. Help?

View more questions Search