Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    darlayna1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 12:21 PM
    In the state of Virginia... is an engagement ring to be returned upon the couple not getting married? Very simple question.

Thank you,
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 31, 2008, 12:47 PM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Second, did you read the responses in the thread where you originally posted?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Very simple answer -

Virginia is a conditional gift state - the engagement ring is a conditional gift, and if the condition is not met (marriage) the ring is returned without regard to who was at fault.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2008, 12:55 PM
    You must return it
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2008, 04:17 PM
    [QUOTE=Comments on this post
    Califdadof3 agrees: may or may not be true depending on the state and the situation. Many states its conditional.]

Answer "you must return it" was posted a little while after I posted the law. She's right. In Virginia it goes back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a woman in Virginia have to return her engagement ring. [ 8 Answers ]

That seems to depend -often on the Judge and how they interpret the situation Bankruptcy, Criminal Law, Family Law, Margaret Frankel, Alexandria, Virginia lawyers attorneys Engagement Ring Laws Your state I think follows the conditional rule. General rule is that an engagement ring is a...

Return Engagement Ring [ 9 Answers ]

Fiancée returned engagement ring after a small disagreement over lateness and leaving her in the car while shopping for fifteen minutes. She did not believe giving the ring back meant the end of engagement but I do. By the way she now regrets doing so and has apologized. Should she get it back...

Engagement Ring [ 5 Answers ]

I was curious if I can get it back. The thing is I live in NY and the girl I am Engaged to is in another country... what should I do and can I get the ring back? TT

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

Old Engagement Ring [ 24 Answers ]

Should you give it back if you changed your mind or accept it because it was a gift?

View more questions Search