Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ratzilla Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28
    Me and my future mother-in-law, was going over some wedding plans, this is my first wedding by the way. She bacially tried to shut down all my ideas and I voice to he it's me and her son wedding and we would like for things to be done our way even though I valued her input.

I saw a nice wedding dress but I don't want it in white, I want it in ice blue instead which she don't understand and now she thinks I am weird. Me and my fiancee have no problem with it and he likes the color. My mother is okay with it but still think white is best. How anyone ever been to a wedding where the bride didn't wear white? Just curious!
    Actually, yes. I went to a wedding where the bride wore a reddish color. People who like nontraditional weddings usually pic a color to wear instead of white. White is kind of bland and dry. Color gives a little excitement and pop. Hope this helps.
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Sep 5, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Absolutely. For my nieces wedding she chose a non traditional beige cream wedding gown which was very versatile and something she could wear over and over again. This is your day to remember. Someone else's expectations on what is and what is not expectations is simply their opinion and only that. I am quite sure that it will be understood that, once explained, that your choice allows you and your future husband many years of enjoyment being able to strut around in a gown made for many occasions will open a lot of eyes. Congratulations!
    JessiJello Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Yes I have seen other colors at weddings and they looked great. Now a days white is just tradional, it just depends on what tradion you want to follow. Some brides wear red for good luck, but you shouldn't worry about what everone thinks. Just be happy, say thank you for your help and wear what you want.
    Oh, and way back in the day wearing white was only for the poor, royals and nobles married in many beautiful colors since they could afford it. It was Queen Elizabeth who helped make white stand for virginity. Just a tid bit I read about. :)
    Good Luck and Many Blessings
    mdcp89 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Dec 20, 2008, 11:40 AM

Im currently working at a bridal salon. Though it is tradition to wear white as a sign of purity more and more brides are wearing whatever they want. I've ordered blue dresses, pink dressee, red dresses. It's really now up to the bride and her taste, most are throwing tradition out of the window.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Dec 20, 2008, 03:12 PM

Thank you for your comment. I've decided to get married in ice blue. I already have my design for the dress. I am almost finish making the bridesmaid dresses and I am going start mine dress after the New Year. It was just hard finding the right fabric and color. I brought so much that I decided to use the left over for decorations.

I don't know if you ever saw Tyler Perry's "Family Reunion" wedding at the end of the movie but that is the type of wedding I am planning, minus the violinists hanging from the ceiling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Little White White spots all over my arms. Monobenzone user [ 43 Answers ]

I have been using it for almost 2 weeks but not every day. I have started using it twice a day and then decided to slow it down and use it once a day. I have mixed the 20% with my body lotion and that's how I used it. At the beginning I noticed that my skin got brighter and no side effects and...

Bumps, white discharge, redness, itchy, some white pus [ 6 Answers ]

This hasn't been the first time but this time its not going away and I'm young and I don't want to see a doctor. Its very itchy and the bumps are red and swollen and hurt sometimes. They also bleed and I have A LOT of discharge. Its very uncomfortable. What could it be? Do I have to see someone? Or...

Black Bra/White Tee; White Bra/White Tee [ 17 Answers ]

Do you girls usually wear a black bra with a white t-short or do u wear a white bra with a white t-short? Or yellow tee w/ a black bra? Share. I don't get it

View more questions Search