Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smadge Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Can we still be friends?
    My boyfriend of almost 4 years broke up with me because he said he stopped feeling it. He was the one who pursued me kind of fell in love with him because he wore me down so for the first couple of years he loved me more than I loved him don't get me wrong did love him. But he was always making me prove it.

This year he has been distant he refused to go interstate with me to visit my family on numerous occasions, and every holiday we started to plan never happened because he didn't organise book the hotels becausehe either couldn't afford it (he earns about $45000 a year and still lived with his parents) or refused to go because he said I wasn't showing him I cared enough and being a or something like that.

We used to spend all our free time together and all of this year he has chosen his mates over me. I get that you need to spend time with his mates but I work most of the weekend so he spends all of the time I'm at work with his mates anyway I don't understand why he couldn't spend anytime with me.

Well I hassled him so much about it all thinking it would get him back it pushed him to dump me 2 weeks ago. He told me that there was a chance of us getting back together when he broke up with me. But since then he has he hasn't really spoken to me. So silly me hassled some more about getting some ground rules estabilished about us living together because at the time I had no where to go and he wouldn't let me leave without a new home. So the only thing he has said to me during this time is move out

But yeah he has pretty much ignored up until today where he told me he doesn't love me anymore but still wanted to be my friend after not being there for me for a year should I be his friend?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Dec 3, 2008, 07:00 AM

No you shouldn't be his friend! Does he sound like a friend you would want to have? He doesn't love you but wants to be your friends instead, as if he is doing you a favor or something. Leave him alone, and rebuild your life without him. You don't owe him anything!! Move on, as hard as it may be.
    iluvedward Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2008, 07:04 AM

He sounds like a sore loser who doesn't know what he wants from life. I think you can do better.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 3, 2008, 07:31 AM

NO!! Get your life in order with things you enjoy, and makes you happy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends who turned out to be false friends [ 11 Answers ]

Does any one have experience of people they thought to be friends but they turned out to be false friends ?

Friends to dating to Friends [ 2 Answers ]

Had a Long Distance Relationship with a friend of 7-8 years last 3months or so w/ sex. Was perfect besides the time we're apart. We broke up due to college, semi mutual. She wanted the break up, I sort've did too at the time. But' I'm glad it ended now that I look back at it. I Hurt her...

View more questions Search