Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidjose23 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2010, 02:02 AM
    Sharing Internet
    Is it possible to share Internet to other computer via wifi router if I have a wireless 3gusb which can be connected only to 1 computer?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 2, 2010, 03:39 AM

There are wireless routers that can take a mobile broadband card rather than a wired broadband modem and provide a Wifi network.

Nov 3, 2010, 12:04 AM
    Is it possible to transfer internet from one computer to the router and share it with another laptop?

Nov 3, 2010, 12:05 AM
    I have 3g wireless usb stick to connect to internet. I can connect to only one computer. I have 2 laptops wifi enabled and a wifi router. Is it possible to share internet to other lap top via wifi router using the 3g USB stick?

Nov 3, 2010, 03:39 AM

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

If you felt you needed more information then you ask a follow-up question. But I think the problem here is you didn't understand my response not that it wasn't helpful. You don't rate an answer until the course of the Q&A is complete. You have to remember that we VOLUNTEER our time and expertise here so its rather rude to negatively rate someone who tried to help just because you didn't fully understand the answer.

But I will try again here. There are two basic ways to share an Internet connection. The first and best is via use of a router. A router takes the connection to the Internet and manages the data packets between the computers on one side of the router with the device that connects to the Internet (in your case your 3G Mobile Broadband card). The second way is with use of Proxy Server software. Such software is installed on one PC and does the management of data packets similarly to a router.

You can not use a regular broadband router (wired or wireless does not matter) because they are not designed to work with a Mobile Broadband connection. But there are several routers (most of them wireless) that will work with a Mobile Broadband card (or USB stick).

If you prefer to use a Proxy Server, then it doesn't matter how you connect to the Internet, the Proxy Server will manage the connection.

The main drawback of either situation is that when you pull your USB stick out, the network can no longer connect to the Internet.

Does that make it clearer for you? If not, then please be more specific about what you still don't understand.

Nov 3, 2010, 04:42 AM
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/franklin/Desktop/sample%20diagram.png[/IMG]

Nov 3, 2010, 04:47 AM
    http://www.rockmyspace.info/image-upload/uploads/2/sample diagram.png
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2010, 04:47 AM
    You have two separate networks: 3G and wifi. The 3g connected laptop will not see the wifi network.

Nov 3, 2010, 04:49 AM
    I have updated a network diagram, when you see this image you will get the exact image of my network.

http://www.rockmyspace.info/image-upload/uploads/2/sample diagram.png

Nov 3, 2010, 04:52 AM
    What I meant was similar to adhoc connection. In adhoc connection Internet is shared b/w two computers. I want to establish a router in b/w these two computers so that Internet sharing should take place via wifi router.
    It's almost the adhoc connection what I have meant,

Nov 3, 2010, 04:54 AM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Please see the network image http://www.rockmyspace.info/image-upload/uploads/2/sample diagram.png

Nov 3, 2010, 06:58 AM

Did you bother to read what I said about negative ratings? Did you read the link I gave you? Do you expect people to help you after you slap them in the face when they try?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2010, 08:06 AM
    Yea, I'm out.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Nov 3, 2010, 07:08 PM

I'm not even going to try!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sharing internet [ 3 Answers ]

I have two computers with Windows XP connected through a 8-port LAN Hub which is also connected to my Cable Internet Service Provider. Now my Cable Provider has a Dial-Up system to connect to the internet, which works on LAN, which has a Username and a Password exactly similar to the Dial-Up system...

Not sharing the internet connection [ 6 Answers ]

I use windows XP service pack 2. It is connected with HUB. On network configuration all the thing are working properly .The both systems are pinging each other properly. The file transferring is working well. I configure the Internet Explorer properly. The only problem Iam facing is that when I...

Internet Sharing on network [ 1 Answers ]

On a home network I want to use internet sharing with out using any proxy software. Is there any way to configure windows to share internet into my network?

Wireless internet sharing [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to set up a wireless LAN that connects two computers. I have a D-Link AirPLus G wireless router that connects to my ADSL modem. A D-Link wireless card on the laptop and a TP-Link wireless card on the desktop. I logged on to internet using my laptop first, and it worked, but then when I...

Internet Sharing Q [ 3 Answers ]

Me again. So many questions, so little time :P Anyway. Here's my existing setup. We have a network in our place. 2 PC's directly connected to a router, three connected to a switch upstairs. We use this tp access the internet. And all that works fine. But my girlfriend is often using her...

View more questions Search