Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pepperdog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 03:23 PM
    Aquarium water hardness
    My aquarium water tests out as very hard. I use well water that is in an area known for lime content. I add water to the tank that has been run through a Brita filter. Can I use aquarium salt to soften the water?
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Aquarium salts also hardens water by raising the alkalinity levels.
    If you have a freshwater aquarium, it would be best not to use the freshwater aquarium salt as it will not soften the water.
    Happy Fishkeeping:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Severe stomach bloating and hardness [ 11 Answers ]

For about a week, maybe longer, I have been experiencing severe bloating in my upper stomach. It looks like I'm pregnant. My stomach is harder than a rock and it hurts from being so stretched out. At night I have to sleep with a pillow under my belly so it won't hurt. And it is making me have to...

Extruded aluminum material hardness by numeric value [ 2 Answers ]

What is the difference between a 7075 T73511 extruded aluminum alloy shape and the same shape in a 7075-T6511?

Cloudy aquarium water [ 1 Answers ]

I have an already established aquarium, but cannot get rid of the cloudiness. The ph is Good. Christine

Aquarium water [ 2 Answers ]

I'm setting up a freshwater aquarium & I have "well water" that goes through a water softner... can anyone tell me if this will be okay to use in an aquarium? Thanks, "Ken" [email protected]

View more questions Search