Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Painallthetime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2011, 09:59 PM
    Please help me. CROHN'S?
    I am so confused. I was told I do not have Colitis. But I have horrible pain (Stabbing pain and burning) in my lower right abdominal area. I have had bad bowel issues on top of it. I had a colonoscopy and it was found that I have Erythema in the terminal ileum but was not diagnosed with CROHNS? I was told IBS... IBS does not cause Erythema (inflammation).

The pain keeps getting worse and I am unable to work or even have a social life. I lock myself in a room or the bathroom all throughout the day.

Also noted on the Colonoscopy is Internal hemorrhoids. Also 4 sessile polyps in the rectum and sigmoid colon.

Also noted was corrugation of sigmoid colon.

It says at the bottom: Localized continuous erythema was noted in the terminal ileum.

Now also on the EGD test this is what was found:

1) grade 1 esophagitis in the gastroesophageal junction

2) Erythema in the antrum

Then says STOMACH MUCOSA: Localized erythema of the murcosa was noted in the antrum.

Also for info: I used to be on Accutane as well.

Thanks
    wauya Posts: 93, Reputation: -5

Oct 11, 2011, 08:43 AM
    Just abdomenal pain alone without other gi symptoms such as diarrhea or blood in stool is hardly to point to crohn's disease pluse you have extensive gi work up which including edg,upper gi series colonscop all showed no ulcerative lesion.I guss also blood show no anemia and elevated of wbc.It enough to r/o of IBD(crohn's disease,ulcerative colitis)It is no double you have some gi problems and found some area of erythmia and polys.What exactly disease you have? Need to found out.Some time clincal complains may not match the real pathological change may need to add psychological factories.suggest try medicines such as zantac and continue see your gastroenterogist.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 11:13 AM
    One of the side effects of Zantac is diarrhea. It would seem to be counter productive in this particular instance. Anything over the counter could be dangerous at this point.

Has your Physician seen and studied the test reports? Does he/she have any recommendation or diagnosis? You appear to be really suffering and I would hope the physician could address it soon.

What has been prescribed?

Oct 11, 2011, 04:10 PM
    I am not a patient of IBD or other GI disease and sure not know how you suffer.I am a health care provider.If zantac not work on you try other h2 antagonists such as pepcid(famotidine) or try proton pump inhibitors,such as nexium.Since you have some upper gi inflammation,I will suggest you to remind your doctor to looking in possible helcobacter pylori infection and do some workup.Since your bowel is some sensitive(easy to get diarrhea),I agree your doctor's diagnosis;IBS.
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2011, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wauya View Post
    I am not a patient of IBD or other GI disease and sure not know how you suffer.I am a health care provider.If zantac not work on you try other h2 antagonists such as pepcid(famotidine) or try proton pump inhibitors,such as nexium.Since you have some upper gi inflammation,I will suggest you to remind your doctor to looking in possible helcobacter pylori infection and do some workup.Since your bowel is some sensitive(easy to get diarrhea),I agree your doctor's diagnosis;IBS.

Did you read that Zantac is NOT recommended when the patient has these symptoms? For that matter, neither is Pepcid.

You're a health care provider? Where and at what level? It's a fair question in view of your questions to other people offering advice.

Oct 11, 2011, 06:25 PM
    I never want to expose myself in this kind of internet setting.You accept the suggestion or not is up to you don't depend on what I say who I am.You are not give your consent to accept and I am not give my consent to accept.I have no liable legally for my answer.Just want to share my knowledge to help(if I can) in good intention.

Oct 13, 2011, 05:41 AM
    He never said that he has diarrhea.Judy may I ask what is your educational back ground to give advice.If you are a medical provider then how do you treat this patient,He obvious has upper gi inflammation,if not use h2 antagonis or proton pump inhabitor? What you suggest just give mylanta?Don't forget he has pain,gi pain?
    Uber Member

Oct 13, 2011, 04:52 PM
    I will repeat what you have said - my background is not your concern. I am telling you from the standpoint of a Pharmacist what is recommended and not recommended.

Zantac and Pepcid are NOT recommended by US standards when there is abdominal pain.

I am not going to argue this with you - OP can either believe me or believe you.

Oct 13, 2011, 05:47 PM
    Judy you ask me about mine do I have the right to ask you back? You tell me or not is your privilege it belong to your privacy.But when you judgeing other people's answer that is different it involve to your education ,training,experence and your ethical stand.You avoid to answer my question.I never heard abdominal pain should not take zantac.Which book you read tell me I want to learn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Crohn's disease [ 8 Answers ]

My very best friend is 17 years old and was diagnosed today with Crohn's disease. Neither of us know a whole lot about it. I was curious if anybody knew any information on it pertaining to teens. All of the info that we have found is for adults. She is 17, about 4'11 and about 70 lbs, give or take...

Crohn's disease [ 7 Answers ]

I was recently diagnosed with a Rota Virus and given the appropriate drugs and diet advice. I finish my course of drugs today and while on them have had no diarrhea or other symptoms. However, in the last 3 days I have had a very painful elbow, with very limited movement. And now that this has...

Crohn's disease [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know what foods are best to eat.With crohn's disease.

Crohn's disease [ 2 Answers ]

What Is Crohn's Disease?

View more questions Search