Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrt8200 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2017, 01:40 PM
    How to put a lien on a pension for support
    I'm in the process of getting a QDRO. I was awarded 50% of my ex husbands pension that is now payable. Can I put a lien on his portion for the $200,000 in arrears in support?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Mar 21, 2017, 03:01 PM
    This is more a question for your lawyer as in general it is not normal to attatch those types of funds. You are already getting 1/2.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 22, 2017, 12:52 PM
    If your ex-husband is in violation of your divorce agreement to the tune of $200K your lawyer should be all over it. And I would have thought that the QDRO would have been put in place at the time of your divorce - what's the delay?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a lien be put on a pension? [ 3 Answers ]

I will be involved in a civil lawsuit. The defendent's home may/may not be in foreclosure (which I'm looking into right now). Other than that he doesn't have anything else tangible to try and seize. I could have his wages garnished, but would just like to know if I could place a lien on his pension?

Can you put a child support lien on a car that has two diff pople on the title? [ 1 Answers ]

We bought a van and come to find out it has a title lien on this from the child support office. The title have I guess the father that owes child support and his girl friend. Can they really take the van from us. The title had nothing on it stating that there was a lien. We had no idea, How do we...

How do I put a lien on ex's home -child support violation [ 10 Answers ]

We have been to court numerous times regarding child support payments. He told the court for each of the 3 appearances ago that he had the children on a life insurance policy as mandated by the court. He has failed to show proof of that. I know he does not have it. Can I put a lien on his home...

Boyfriends child support put a lien on my bank account [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I am in a real big mess! My boyfriend and I live together for about 9 years and child support is garnishing his paycheck for about 600 per month, which has put a terrible hardship on us. It's only for one child. The child's mother left the state and we do not know where she is living. He does...

View more questions Search