Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Honey26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 10:45 AM
    Flying ship
    Hello everyone,

My Mum and I are stuck, we're in a desperate search before christmas to find this film, if anyone can help it'll be most appreciated.

It was a stop-start animatated film, without dialogue, as far as we can remember.

It was set in the winter, we think it was a russian fable, about a third son who gave food to an old woman who in return gave him a bag of sticks, and something that grew into a magic flying ship.

He then offered passage to a variety of people with special skills, they landed in castle to rescue a princess. They fought an army, and he married the princess.

Hopefully this is enough detail to jog someone's memory.

Thanks
    looskanonz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2009, 07:46 PM

Was this a short animation of the golden compass, at least this is what it sounds like
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 08:22 PM

The Fool of the World and the Flying Ship (1990) (TV)
    Honey26 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Thank you so much Quinn F, that's exactly the one we were thinking of!
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Nov 5, 2009, 08:20 PM

You're very welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's movie w/flying heads and a ship? [ 4 Answers ]

Aggh! I'm going insane cause I JUST thought of this movie. Ok... its an 80's movie and it was a trippy one... see if y'all can help me!! k... from what I remember, it was this boy and this old man kind of dressed as a conquistador with his helmet that sword and armor.. and they were on a ship.....

A boy about 8 was taken away in a space ship [ 4 Answers ]

I'd like to find the name of a movie I saw years ago. It was about a young boy that was taken by aliens I think. The movie took place in the '50's. He and his family were returning from an outing, maybe a carnival, he was walking along a creek in the woods and he lost his brother. The next thing I...

Holy Ship! [ 17 Answers ]

Ran into this on the net. Wow! The command bridge is higher than a 10-story building and has 11 crane rigs that can operate simultaneously. Country of origin - Denmark Length - 1,302 ft Width - 207 ft Net cargo - 123,200 tons (a quarter of a billion pounds!) Engine - 14 in-line cylinders...

Cruise Ship Job [ 1 Answers ]

In trying to obtain a Cruise Ship job I was asked to obtain the seamans or seafarers Discharge Book. Could you define what this book is and how do I go about trying to obtain one so that I can get this job.

View more questions Search