Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnettabush Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 08:55 AM
    How do I report fraud to immigration and is that information confidential?
    I was asked to write a letter of character for a japanese woman I used to work with. In the letter to immigration, I stated that she had a restraining order issued against her, which she did, by her then husband. Apparently she didn't want immigraiton to know this. She changed a line in the letter to say that physical abuse had taken place. She then forged my name and my son's name to the letter as if we signed it. She then turned the forged letter in to immigration without us knowing she signed our names. When we appeared in court as witnesses for her husband, she produced the forged letter and tried to use it as evidence against me. I told the judge that the letter she was showing was not the letter I had written. Fortunately, I had the original letter in my possession and presented it to the court. They did nothing. I took the forged letter to the police. She was arrested, but they later dropped the charges. Now she has filed a claim in civil court against me saying she had my permission to sign our names and change the letter. I reported this to immigration. I have not heard anything from them. Her lawyer wants me to provide whatever information I sent to immigration to him. Is the information I provide to immigration authortities confidential? Can she do this and get away with it? She obtained her green card after filing the I-360 petitiion. She used the letter she changed and forged to support her abuse claim. What can I do?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2010, 10:19 AM

As far as having any permission to use your name, or sign your name in any capacity as a non-spouse would require a power of attorney. Which I am sure she was never given. Personally, I would file a countersuit against her. Definitely contact a lawyer.

I would file again with the INS... in case the first one fell though the cracks.
    johnettabush Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 12:12 PM
    I will file with INS again. I think the first one did fall through. Regarding the letter I sent to INS, via interrogatories the adversary's attorney is asking me to give it to him. However, when I requested certain information from them, regarding immigration, etc. they applied for and received a protective order so they don't have to answer.
    Do I have to give him this information since I contacted INS confidentially or is he entitled to know everyone I have spoken with regarding this case? Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Immigration Fraud - How Do I Report Them? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a roommate (for 1 year now) who is using anyone she can and not just to be a citizen. I know her husband who sleeps in the living room behind a curtain whom she doesn't even talk to (I am certain they never slept together), he is just happy not to pay rent... I know her boyfriend who sleeps...

Report immigration fraud [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I just want to know that Is anybody know how to report illegal person who live in United State (wihtout any of visa ex. F1,k1 or M1)? Reason for reporting this guy is because he's make lot of problem at work (actually, we work at the same place) and I believe that he also has invalid social #.

Immigration report fraud [ 3 Answers ]

What can I do if my husband married me for money? My husband is from El Salvador and has his green card. I married my husband and he wouldn't help with the house and work every day. He would only pay about $400 a month towards our 1 bedroom apartment then borrow $100-$200 dollars over the course...

With whom do I report immigration fraud? [ 4 Answers ]

I am the concerned sister of a very naiive and gullible guy. He met a woman from Brazil who has both Brazilian and French citizenship. She married a French citizen just to get her citizenship. Now she wants to do the same her to become a citizen of the US. She has already offered him 5 thousand...

How to report immigration fraud [ 7 Answers ]

My cousin recently passed roughly two months ago in a fatal car accident. To my family's surprise, we found out that he was married and had been married for (according to his wife) approximately 3 years. Since my cousin was very close to us; as his family, we feel that if this was a legitimate...

View more questions Search