Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Madam Goodwrench Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2007, 08:25 AM
    Move cast iron tub drain a few inches?
    Is there a special part to move a cast iron tub drain a few inches such as the 'off -set closet flange' for a toilet? Am still working on the specs for remodeling a teenie bath in a pre-WWll bldg. We plan to rip out thick tile & lath/plaster walls in the tub alcove and replace with 1/2" cement board & 1/4"marble tiles to install new narrow acrylic tub. We're hoping to gain a little space but know the tub drain is cast iron in cement floor... if we move the toilet 2" as per Speedball1's advice and can kick the tub over a little we can at least have enough space for a 24" wide sink vanity and make the bath really up to date... help!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 14, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Perhaps, if you have the room, you can swing the trap and make up the difference by offsetting the raiser with 45 degree ells but I wouldn't bet on it. The sure way to do it would be to break up the cement, remove the trap and use fittings to move the drain line and then reinstall the trap and raiser. Good luck, Tom
    Madam Goodwrench Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Thank you Speedball! Again - you are a wealth of info... from Madam Goodwrench

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to move toilet left 1" (cast iron) [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My current problem is I have cast iron plumbing in a concrete floor in a basement. Once the walls were finished and the new travertine floor in I noticed that the center of the toilet flange was only about 10.5" from the wall. This would make it a little tight on the left side when...

Move toilet (cast Iron) to the left 3" [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you to Speedball1 for Duff Co. cast iron "offset closet flange" info. I phoned the CO. - this part will move only a scsnt 2" - is there ANYTHING available to move a toilet about 3" (or more). This is in a pre WWII bldg. where they will not allow 'relocating' the toilet but a contractor...

Replacing Tub drain into cast iron. [ 1 Answers ]

My tub drain is downstream from both the toilet and the roof vent and every time the toilet flushes the tub trap is emptied and I get sewer smells... Photo @ www3.ns.sympatico.ca/dlpotter/Plumbing/ I think I need to add an anti-siphon device between the trap and the cast iron....

Cast Iron Tub Installation [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone have any tips on the installation of a cast iron tub in an existing alcove. Would like any advice on putting the tub into place so as to minimize injury, strain, frustration, people running over each other, etc.

Cast Iron Tub Installation [ 1 Answers ]

What do I put an old cast iron tub on. Can it sit directly on a new ceramic floor? Would I have to put something under the feet? It will be quite heavy with water in the tub.

View more questions Search