Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2005, 08:45 PM
    Burp and then slow flush
    OK, there is a slow flushing stool, tank type with a flapper. When you flush it, a burst of air comes first and then the water slowly drains. It is the style that has the hole to start action, and it is clear. The one right next to it is OK. There is one vent for 2 rest rooms, a water fountain, and a former restroom on the floor above with everything now blocked off. 50's masonry construction. If the vent is blocked between to 2 stools, how would I ever get to it? The vent isn't even over the wall the restrooms back up to.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Jun 24, 2005, 04:40 AM
    Are there any...
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    OK, there is a slow flushing stool, tank type with a flapper. When you flush it, a burst of air comes first and then the water slowly drains. It is the style that has the hole to start action, and it is clear. The one right next to it is OK. There is one vent for 2 rest rooms, a water fountain, and a former restroom on the floor above with everything now blocked off. 50's masonry construction. If the vent is blocked between to 2 stools, how would I ever get to it? The vent isn't even over the wall the restrooms back up to.
    ... cleanouts sticking out from the wall? It may be a longshot but it is possible in this arrangement that a cleanout may be the closest thing to accessing the vent or the drain, for that matter. Might even be on the upper floor area.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 24, 2005, 09:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by labman
    Hey ,you have a partial clog in the drain, (not the vent) that's causing the discharge to bounce back pushing a bubble of air ahead of it. The only way to clear the clog is to pull the toilet and snake out the drain. Since the clog sounds close to the toilet you shouldn't have to put out too much cable to hit it. (that church oughta put you on a retainer! ) Have fun! Tom
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2005, 10:58 AM
    Thanks for the answer. It sounds difficult, but possible. I may recruit a helper.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flush [ 17 Answers ]

I flushed the toilet, the water goes down from the tank, but it swirls around and around in the toilet bowl but does not flush. What is the problem. Help.

Hard to flush [ 1 Answers ]

I have an old house with a brand new septic system... from septic tank through drain field. My toilet does not flush properly. It starts to flush, but stops about half way through. There is also a gurgling noise coming up through the shower drain right next to the toilet. I thought it might be...

Random toilet flush [ 3 Answers ]

Hi: Hope someone can help. Have ~ 50 yr old toilet with relatively new flapper valve and fill valve that were replaced a year or so ago and toilet worked OK. About two weeks ago toilet would not flush completely and paper etc. would stay in the bowl. When not working, water would slowly...

Toilet burp [ 5 Answers ]

Speedball1 I have read most of the posts regarding similar problems. I just bought this 3/2 one story (small) house. 14 years old. No reported problems (disclosure - ;D ). Shortly after buying I noticed that whenever you flush either toilet - it immediately gives one large bubble of air (partial...

Toilet Flush [ 1 Answers ]

I just installed a new bathroom in my basement. The toilet has a good flush action but just fills with water. It does not have the suction to flush a piece of tissue. The water evenutally seeps out to the correct level. I have tried two different toliets and wax rings but still have the...

View more questions Search