Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cymone20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 05:08 AM
    Its been two years how do I get over my ex who is now married
    My ex (first love) and I have been broken up for two years, he's now married and I have a boyfriend but I can't love him the way I should because I'm not over my ex. How can I get over him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2010, 07:51 AM

Do you still talk to the ex??
    desdestiny413 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 6, 2010, 08:48 PM
    One day at a time... if you were meant to be together you would be together.. u have 2 let go and its not always going to be easy... but like I said you take it day by day and one step at a time... God will see you threw it... ask him 2 send you a wonderful man that he has picked out perfectly for you!!
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2010, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by desdestiny413 View Post
    one day at a time... if u were meant to be together u would be together.. u have 2 let go and its not always going 2 be easy ... but like i said u take it day by day and one step at a time... God will see u threw it ... ask him 2 send u a wonderful man that he has picked out perfectly 4 u !!!!
    No text or chat speak.
    LifeChangesMan Posts: 329, Reputation: 39

Sep 24, 2010, 03:47 PM
    You don't talk to your ex, and you let time heal you.

As for your new relationship, not sure if your being fair to your new spouse if your hearts else where, don't hurt anyone like you've been hurt because your lonely.

-LCM
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2010, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by desdestiny413 View Post
    one day at a time... if u were meant to be together u would be together.. u have 2 let go and its not always going 2 be easy ... but like i said u take it day by day and one step at a time... God will see u threw it ... ask him 2 send u a wonderful man that he has picked out perfectly 4 u !!!!
    Please do not use Text or Chat speak... Thank You
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 24, 2010, 04:27 PM
    If there has been anything whatsoever going on with your ex, either before, during or after he got married, that would be helpful to know. Texting, email, IM, Facebook, etc. included.

If there has been no contact since you split with him, and even though you have both gone on with your lives, him marrying, and you in another relationship, and you are still struggling with your feelings for your ex, it is time to resolve them once and for all.

Aside from the fact that he is not available, sometimes what happens is, when you don't work through the last relationship, you aren't ready for the next. Because you bring the loose ends, unsettled thoughts and feelings, and inevitable comparisons of him, to your new boyfriend.

It is easy to slip into that place where all you remember is the good, or the essence of a person that you once loved, and that clouds your vision, and distorts the reality of the situation you are in now, which is making a new relationship work.

Your current boyfriend is not getting a 100% commitment, or effort from you, because you still bring your ex into the relationship. He is facing an invisible foe in a way, because even without being aware, he is too affected, because you are not over your ex.

I don't know that you are unhappy now with your current boyfriend, and that keeps your ex in your mind, or if your ex has always been on your mind, and you have unresolved issues with the end of that relationship. Perhaps he hurt you deeply, or there were substance problems, or infidelity, I don't know. But, whatever remains unresolved with him, will continue to cloud your freedom to freely love another without encumbrances.

You might consider counselling to help you sort through this stranglehold he has over you, and learn how to accept, and let go, of him (and the past with him), in order so that you can honestly face the future.
    Sumptious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2011, 05:17 AM
    Forget him and put your mind on your new relationship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Married 16 years - still can't get over former love [ 9 Answers ]

I've been married for 16 years - always faithful - still am - but I've been unhappy forever so it seems. I was in a bad relationship for many years before meeting my current husband, and once we met, I broke it off with my ex (he and I were still having sex - but not a real relationship). So I...

Been married 10 years he wants a divorce [ 3 Answers ]

Hi So my husband has moved to another state I reside in Florida in our house he wants a divorce, I am a homemaker and will have to find a new place to live as he has had me sign quick claims deeds to all his houses 9 in three states, where do I stand re ailmony, health insurance, and I would...

Married 2 years and already the passion in gone! [ 3 Answers ]

I am 21 years old. I married very young and very few regrets. But for about the last 1 and a half my husband does not want to have sex with me. He is only 22, so he should have a healthy sex drive... nope. We will go weeks and sometimes months with out any sex. I have tried coming on to him. ...

Married for 8 years and is in jeopardy [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. :confused: I've been married for 8 years and the last one had been the most difficult. I think we are at the 7 year crisis. Everything started when she start to work last year. She started to distance her self from me. So I ask her what's was going on with her. She said nothing so I leave it...

View more questions Search