Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockyjuan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2011, 10:13 PM
    Dog sneezing and itching?
    4yr female pug/chihuhua, symptoms itching lower back and legs also snezzing but no running nose .hair were she itches is bald. What could be?
    paleophlatus Posts: 459, Reputation: 112

Nov 18, 2011, 01:39 AM
    Itching along the back, especially just ahead of the tail, is often a sign of a flea allergy. The area above the tail is severely affected by the dog chewing at the area. It is often also covered with sores from the biting. A flea allergy can be caused by a single flea bite, so don't expect to see bunches of fleas. Itching could also occur on the back legs, as a flea allergy is not limited to one spot, necessarily.

Mange mites are suspected if the itching seems confined to the legs, mainly back, but can be all four. Mites like these cause an intense itching and can also cause problems to a lesser degree on people. Dogs just beginning to show allergies will usually lick their feet and rub their faces.

Sneezing from allergies is more a human response to allergies than a dog's response. Often, a dog's nose is irritated by some new smell in it's environment... a new household spray, a perfume, a cleaning product, etc. If you can think of anything new that appeared just before she started the sneezing, try to eliminate it and see if that helps.

At any case, it is not possible for us to make accurate diagnosis of any problem without being able to see the animal. We are going on our individual experiences in making our suggestions. Your pet's veterinarian will be in the best position to diagnose and offer treatment for whatever the problems may be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sneezing condition [ 5 Answers ]

A man and a woman were sitting beside each other in The first class section of an airplane. The woman sneezed, took Out a tissue, gently wiped her nose, and then visibly shuddered for ten To fifteen seconds. The man went back to his reading. A few minutes Later, the woman sneezed again,...

Sneezing... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guy's Last few weeks I have problem with my sneezing in the morning when I wake up because my nose has a blockage and after five minutes the running nose started accompanied by sneezing. Is there any one who can tell what is the cause of this sneezing. Thanks :(

My dog is always itching near his back paw [ 1 Answers ]

Hi please help me I have a 2 year old dog who is on advantage so he cannot have flees. He is always itching in the same place near his private and back of his front paw. I have look over his skin he has no rashes no black marks he is not losing any fur. I have given him a bath and it hasn't stopped...

Sneezing [ 4 Answers ]

So, I work in a rather large building with a good amount of people on shift at any given time. 500+, pretty casual, as we're a gaming company, so everyone is pretty relaxed. Like, I can tell my boss (jokingly) to shut up, and he'll tell me to "hold the *eff* on" and stuff, and we're cool. The...

Dog sneezing and itching a lot [ 7 Answers ]

My 4 1/2 month old golden-poodle mix has been sneezing a lot and scratches at his face/ eyes. He now has reddish rings around the outside of his eyes. Could this be an allergy to something? I asked the Vet the last time we were in and he didn't think it was anything. Also, please note, my dog...

View more questions Search