Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyone827 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 06:30 PM
    How to evict a family member
    How do you evict an adult family member?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 06:36 PM
    You have to give him a 30 day notice (unless your states law says otherwise)

Notice to quit Free Form

You need to check with your district court or somebody for your state law on if you can just hand him the notice or if you have to also mail him a certified copy and what all laws they will require for it to be legal. Like does it have to be reason for eviction included.
    If he doesn't leave within the time then you need to go threw the magistrate.

Since it is family have you warned him that you wanted him to comply to your rules?
    Evicting can cause hard feelings that may be hard to repair.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Well a lot of things, how long have they been in the home, did they come for a visit a week ago but won't leave, or were they suppose to be paying rent and don't, do they pay rent.

What is the relastionship of the family member, since often a wife can't evict a husband if they are both on the lease or deed.

Are they doing anything illegal ?

Just not enough information, but in general yes give a 30 day notice, if they don't move, file for an formal eviction in housing court
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2008, 06:48 PM
    There are several threads that already deal with this question. I suggest you browse through them. Or give us some more info so we can help.
    klyle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Helped me.. thanks. I will keep looking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to evict a family member [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict a family member?

Trying to evict a family member [ 5 Answers ]

I am a parent of an verbally abusive daughter who lives in my home with me. She is 35 years of age and resides here also with her 13 year old daughter. I have decided since the situation has been getting worse and I feel like a prisoner of my own home that after 7 1/2 years of dealing with this I...

How to evict a family member [ 7 Answers ]

Hello I need to know how to evict a family member (with children). This family member has pay some money to us during a year about 300.00 a month. After this person was told to move out this person stop helping with the 300. A month. There is no lease because this person was being help. I think...

How to evict a family member [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, Help! I own my mother's house. Brother moved in after a divorce. He keeps promising to pay rent and doesn't. No written lease. I want to evict him/kick him out! What is the legal procedure? Thanks for your time.

How to evict a Family member [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im my mother's power of attorney. My 28 year old nephew (deceased brother's son) is refusing to pay room and board to my 80 year old mother. He only works part time . And rarely does anything for her. Im concerned for her safety . His mother ( ex sister-inlaw) and most of her family are...

View more questions Search