Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gabi_kansas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2006, 07:46 AM
    1999 Honda Civic Gas Tank Metal Flap
    My "check engine" light has been on for a couple of days now. In the manual, it says to make sure the gas cover was on tight. It wasn't - - it was on crooked so I replaced it and made it click. The manual says it should take 3-4 trips for the "check engine" light to go out. When I filled up yesterday, I noticed that the metal flappy thing that covers the actual entry into the gas tank (the hole where you insert the gas nozzle) is missing. Would that be the reason for the "check engine" light? Maybe it affects the pressure in the tank causing the sensor to light? Anyone had this problem before? Hopefully it is a cheap fix! Thanks.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 30, 2006, 08:42 AM
    Most likely that is not the problem. Having a good gas cap that seals properly is what the ECM looks for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1999 honda civic won't start [ 12 Answers ]

My 99 honda civic has 160000 miles, never gave me any problems before, till yeaterday. I could not start the car, the starter turns over, but would not crank over, had to tow it to the local repair shop. The mechanic thought it was the distributor, but that wasn't it. He now thinks it's the...

1999 Honda Civic miles and gas? [ 2 Answers ]

How many miles can a 1999 honda civic drive with one tank of gas? How many gallons can a honda civic have?

1999 Honda Accord [ 2 Answers ]

When my car gets a little hot the engine stops running. It will start right back up though. It will do it in park or drive does not matter. Anyone have any ideas.

1999 Honda civic new distributor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Honda civic that wouldn't start. I paid $600 for a new distributor. The car has approx 48,500 miles on it. I have never had to replace a distributor on a car before. Is this a common problem?

View more questions Search