Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marioannetti Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 02:16 PM
    Sell a book collection?
    How to go about selling a book collection?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2008, 10:56 PM
    What kind of books are they and how many are there? It would help to know that in order to give you the best answers. Thanks!

Mar 19, 2008, 05:38 PM
    More than 300 modern mystery novels: Patterson, Cornwall, Connelly, Crais, Clancy, Hillerman, Cussler, Follett, DeMille, etc. etc.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 01:13 AM
    One of the things that you could do would be to advertise them on any of the free to use Internet advertising sites that are out there. Most of the best ones to use are listed on the following link.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/music/...ng-103010.html

Another thing that you could do is to take them to a bookstore that sells antique and used books and see what they might offer you for them. Around where I live, we have such a store, and the owner is willing to purchase entire collections of books. Sometimes for a pretty good price.

If you would let us know where you are located, it's possible that we might be able to find such a store that is located within a reasonable driving distance from you.

Mar 20, 2008, 10:10 AM
    We live in Los Angeles, CAlifornia. I have looked in yellow pages and there are a lot of book stores, but no clues as to whenther they buy or offer values for such collections. All are first editions, many are signed as well.
    Thanks for any advice.

Annette
    Retiredandhappy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2010, 09:27 PM

When dealing with used and valuable books there are a number of options. Check for a ABAA book dealer. They are a professional group that are very respected and will give you a very fair price for your books.

If there are none close by try Home Page

Good luck with selling your book collection!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

Weekly reader book order book from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl...

Best Way to Sell a Book Collection? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a collection of books with titles in the fields of psychology, social psychology, industrial/organizational psychology, measurement, interviewing, etc. Some of the books are classics. Only one or two are old textbooks. The collection totals approximately 35 ft. of books. Anyone have...

View more questions Search