Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjb4060 Posts: 87, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 04:53 PM
    What should I do?
    My husband and I have a 2 year old son and I am 9 months pregnant with our second child. Recently my husband started working with his stepfather, and one of his stepfather's friends. I am glad he's working because we were in a ditch for a while and he's making good money, but he's gone for way too long all day and he isn't even workinbg most of that time.( from about 5am to 8pm) he has always been here with us and wanted to be at home with his family, but before and after work he has been going over to this guys house. This wouldn't be such a big deal if he was home at a decent time and I had a way to contact him... and he has started drinking pretty heavily since he started working with them, which he doesn't do often. I went to the guys house to pick him up one time, and I felt very uncomfortable. The guy and his wife are split up and live together for the kids. She is moving out soon. I feel like she was excessively flirting with him right in front of my face and it bugged me. She was laughhing and joking with himand he was back, and getting him beer and bringing him food and she wasn't nearly that nice to everyone else. He plays with her kids and I feel like he would rather be with this guys family all day than with us. He is a great father and great husband and I know he wouldn't do anything to hurt us, but I need him to see where I'm coming from... I could go into labor at any minute and I feeel like he doesn't even care or think about that. He just wants to have fun, but he gets mad when I say something about it... what would someone else do in this situation??
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 05:42 PM
    Relax, and trust your husband, as the way I figure it, he knows where his heart is and your in no danger of losing him.

Concentrate more on you bringing in a healthy baby, and working out something where he can be reached, as your close to that time. Prepaid cell phone maybe?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 06:27 AM
    You have a baby on the way you are apt to be rather over anxious about a lot of things just now. Try to relax, concentrate on taking care of yourself just now. Once the baby is here things will not look so threatening.
    igman Posts: 69, Reputation: 7

Jun 5, 2008, 11:38 AM
    I agree but disagree. Do try to stay calm because of your delicate condition. On the other hand, he is behaving out of character according to what you have described. Your woman's intuition may be right. I would be cautious but not over-bearing on the flirting woman situation. I have no doubt that he has picked up on this and,at the very least, he finds it flattering. Yes, he gets mad because deep down, he knows that he should be behaving differently but that would infringe on his fun. Stay calm, keep a watchful eye and communicate. Good luck!! P.S. How is the baby ? Boy or girl ?

Jun 5, 2008, 12:59 PM
    The baby is fine at this point, just getting closer to deliveery and it will be our 2nd boy. Yea I mean I know he loves us and he cares about us but who wouldn't be flattered by that and he's really nice to her... last night he stayed overnight at the guys house and I have said something to him already about being uncomfortable about this woman, and he said she was working night shift... I was really upset and crying, which is bad for the baby, so I had to brush it off but he should be getting off work soon and I don't know what to say to him. He claims that he stayed there to fix his 4wheeler (which is definitely not more important right now, not to mention this guys house is at least a 1/2 hour drive from here, and he didn't have the car) and I was home alone, unable to even get a shower , or pee without bringing my 2 year old with me. I am sooo overwhelmed right now.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 04:07 PM
    This is not a time for a sleep over by your husband, and I wish you had a sister, or friend, since he isn't there.
    Or a big brother to straighten this jerk out.
    igman Posts: 69, Reputation: 7

Jun 5, 2008, 04:31 PM
    I think that part of the reason he wants to stay away is because you are pregnant. Please don't take that the wrong way. My wife TOLD me to keep myself busy when she was pregnant and I understood. But I didn't go out and drink and sleep over. It is not acceptable and he needs to correct it.

Jun 5, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Well he just got home and he's back out with another friend so once again I'm left alone, I am exhausted and crying and he could care less... this is so not like him
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 05:33 AM
    It's time that we sit down and have a talk with this guy. His actions are out of hand and something need to be done about it. It's not fair to you to put up with this stuff

Jun 7, 2008, 12:31 PM
    We talked it out and he apologized and admitted he was wrong... I think he just needed a breather (kind of like I need one, lol) thank you all sooo much... I love this website... its a great resource when you're all alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search