Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2018, 03:31 AM
    I get it .You think mythology ended with the Yowie or maybe with the tales from Homer .Comic books are modern mythology. They show us a world ordinary and extraordinary.;natural and supernatural. Just as ancient man used stories of gods and monsters to explain the world, modern man uses stories of godlike heroes and monstrous villains to do the same.The illustrations are as complex or more so than the work of many artists revered . I read comics because I appreciate the art work and the story lines.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2018, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    I get it .You think mythology ended with the Yowie or maybe with the tales from Homer .Comic books are modern mythology. They show us a world ordinary and extraordinary.;natural and supernatural. Just as ancient man used stories of gods and monsters to explain the world, modern man uses stories of godlike heroes and monstrous villains to do the same.The illustrations are as complex or more so than the work of many artists revered . I read comics because I appreciate the art work and the story lines.
    Scripture tells us there is a time for putting aside childish things, but Stan Lee resurrected this world of myth. I have no need of modern day gods anymore than I had need of ancient ones, as for the yowie, that is a stone age myth
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 25, 2018, 09:06 AM
    Continued would be a more accurate word than resurrected. Comic books and the spin offs from them have always been a popular genre of entertainment, and one can say informative and educational, as well as a reflection of the social contemporary commentary.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2018, 10:27 AM
    tal exactly This is from Capt America's debut . March 1941 . Over a year before the United States
    entered WWII .
    Expert

Nov 25, 2018, 10:46 AM
    Illustrated by Jack "The King" Kirby, the gold standard and inspiration of comic book artists. Co creator of Marvel with Stan "The Man" Lee.

Yeah that's a tear in my eyes folks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2018, 10:50 AM
    My parents and grandparents read comics to me before my nap times. It was one of the ways I learned early how to read and learned about characters interacting with each other and their environment. Rabbit hunter Elmer Fudd hunting Bugs Bunny, Uncle Scrooge swimming in his wealth, cowboys and bad guys, and the good vs. evil in superhero comics. Lessons about life.
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2018, 12:01 PM

Illustrated by Jack "The King" Kirby, the gold standard and inspiration of comic book artists. Co creator of Marvel with Stan "The Man" Lee.

Yeah that's a tear in my eyes folks!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miOpmWYLp-k
    Expert

Nov 26, 2018, 05:57 AM

Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2018, 09:33 AM
    tell me which President hasn't sucked up to a ME tyrant ? Please ! The emperor was sending plane loads of cash to the 12ers in Tehran to appease them.
    Expert

Nov 26, 2018, 09:42 AM
    That's what conservatives and repubs like to say, but we all know it was there money frozen in US banks because of sanctions. It was returned after the nuclear deal. You know that Tom, so why join the right wing holler machine?
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2018, 02:52 PM
    I would've diverted all the funds to the Green Movement . But the emperor turned his back on them in his quest to make Iran the regional hegemon and to "negotiate " a nuclear deal that the 12ers violated before the ink was dry . Don't deny it .
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2018, 05:11 PM
    What is this obscession with Iran, OK they escaped the US hegemon and upset your regional foreign policy but you should get used to it because others will do the same. All nations should be free to pursue their national interests as long as it doesn't lead to war. The Chinese have thumbed their nose at you and will do what they want to despite your threats. Russia will do the same
    Expert

Nov 26, 2018, 05:38 PM
    Russia is boarding Ukrainian sea vessels

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/2109989002/

Manafort violates plea deal.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pa...hp_minor_pos19
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2018, 06:17 PM
    Manafort and Papadopoulos are small potatoes .
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2018, 07:39 PM
    The Russian action is worrying but it is a local issue, what Manafort does is of little consequence, we should look upon Meuller as past tense now
    Expert

Nov 27, 2018, 10:15 AM
    Manafort is a career international criminal with deep ties to powerful Russians and mobsters. I would lie to Mueller too, if asked about anything to do with Russia since no place is safe from Vlad The Impaler, not even a secure prison!

About Vlad, his taking control of the seas is no surprise since he already controls the land, and its clearly an expansion of Russian authority.
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2018, 10:37 AM
    We are now supposed to believe that Manafort went to see Julian Assange 3 times to coordinate the release of the hacked emails of the DNC ;and no one knew about it until now .
    Expert

Nov 27, 2018, 10:53 AM
    Vlad knew, he is the one who stole them... DUH!
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2018, 03:40 PM
    Vlad certainly knew .Podesta's and Evita's emails were an open book for a novice hacker ;let alone Wikileaks . .
    If Manafort went to see him it is easily verifiable and CNN would've reported about it months ago.
    I’m sure the deal is that Manafort has to lie and say the info came from the Russians, and then to Assange; and not from the DNC (ie Seth Rich...but as Evita says "dead men tell no tales "). If he does that, he gets a sweetheart deal on his sentence.
    If he doesn’t, he spends the rest of his life in prison, is bankrupted, along with the rests of his family.That’s called Justice, in the Land of the swamp.
    Trump must declassify everything before Mueller's final report .
    Ultra Member

Nov 27, 2018, 04:05 PM
    Can't wait to read that FINAL report

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mueller climatrol 137-115 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Model 137-115. I came home at lunch the fan was blowing. When I set the thermostat to 70 the burners kick on and heat up and it heats the house. When the house gets to desired temperature the fans stays on, burners go off. I've changed thermostat, same thing...

Mississippi state laws on indictments for incarcerated person [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who was arrested in marion county , Mississippi for sales charge first offense. She has been incarcerated for nine months and still has not been indicted! How long do they have to indict her before she can be released?

Mueller Climatrol Furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Mueller Climatrol Furnace VR8200A 2132 model that has been in the house for over 20 years. It recently started blowing cool air. Repairmen came and oiled the motor and that did not help so they replaced the motor and the fan switch. Now the furnace tuns for one minute and turns off for 2...

Mueller Climatrol [ 4 Answers ]

I have bunch of old Units labeled: Mueller Climatrol Recessed Summner Conditioner Model 910-100 10500 BTU oer hour 230V Milwaukee WI

13 indictments and no lawyer? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok this is goinna be a kind of long story cause this has been going on for awhile now. My boyfriend went to court and was rescheduled for July. He was then picked up on May 11 2009, they said he had a warrant for his arrest for 13 indictments. He has a court date on the 18th of May and I was...

View more questions Search