Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bandcgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2009, 02:44 PM
    I think my wisdom teeth extraction caused my droopy lid, but not sure.
    I got my wisdom teeth extracted at the end of July 2008 and the surgery went fantastic. No dry sockets, no real pain, everything was just perfect EXCEPT now I have a droppy left eye lid. Does anyone know if getting your teeth extracted can cause this? If it can, should I speak with the doctor that did the surgery on my teeth to help me fix this. I've searched everywhere for answers but I have come up with nothing. Please help.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 08:19 PM

I have never heard of anyone having such an effect after wisdom teeth removal. I'd suggest you see your MD.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2009, 09:00 PM

If it were a droopy lip, it'd be more understandable. Droopy eye-lid, sounds more like a neurological problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tired, Dizzy and Down after Wisdom Tooth Extraction [ 11 Answers ]

I had my upper wisdom tooth extracted last Monday (17/03) under a local anaesthetic, following nearly a week of intense pain which my friend, a dentist, initially thought was due to an abscess of or peridonitis. Before it was found to be tooth decay (he did not x-ray my teeth as he was on holiday...

AGONY with wisdom teeth extraction-is it ever going to end? [ 4 Answers ]

Got 3 wisdom teeth out on march 29th. I have been to my oral surgeon 5 times since my first follow up a few days after my surgery because of increasing pain. The first time I went he said I was fine, even though I told him that I had been in complete pain, he sent be home with a syringe to irrigate...

Fever Following a Wisdom Tooth Extraction [ 5 Answers ]

I had a wisdom tooth extracted this Monday. Starting Tuesday, a fever started to develop. I was put on Amoxicillin after the surgery, so I was happy that I was taking it in case of any infection problems. The infection is now lingering today (Saturday morning). I have no real pain except for a...

How do I manage dental/cheek pain caused by tooth extraction? [ 4 Answers ]

I saw a dentist named >Name Removed< because she had a dental plan. This was okay for simple things, teeth cleaning (okay but not thorough.) But when I needed a root canal, she did it herself, digging into the tooth though it had an infection until she couldn't see what was what, then announced...

Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Can I Use A Straw? [ 7 Answers ]

First thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out. I feel bad calling my dentist to ask such a simple question he probably told me the answer to when I was still not all the way there. My two upper wisdom teeth were pulled 5 days ago in a simple extraction. Both had...

View more questions Search