Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amicablemunchkin Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 07:17 PM
    How to make the first move
    Alfred= cute, mature dude with a career
    Amicablemunchkin = college student

I met Alfred through a guy friend of mine. Alfred seemed nice and I want to see if we can be of something. Since we only met that once time, I've been thinking about him and I want to see Alfred more. I am very shy and afraid of rejections. Usually, a guy always make the first move, but this time I want to start first but don't know how. How do I get alfred's number or be his friend without making it obvious that I'm interested in him? Can y'all help me?
    Lolitah_xx Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Jul 10, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Just try to hang out with him and be his friend and be real nice and stuff and then he'll probably start to like u
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jul 10, 2007, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicablemunchkin
    How do i get alfred's number or be his friend without making it obvious that I'm interested in him? Can y'all help me?
    No, we cannot help you. Anyone claiming to is lying.

--huno

P.S.: why? Because you're asking us how to make the first move without making it obvious that you're interested. What you want is a plutonic approach towards a non-plutonic relationship, and that's not the way the world works. It's like asking how to make the moon as hot as the sun: it just doesn't work that way!

Also, men don't know how to read hints like girls do. Men don't LIKE to read hints like girls do. Men like normal, easy, straight-up, simple approaches.

The next time you see him, just ask him for his number. Doesn't have to be any particular way, just ask. On your date, be flirty--give him the flirty eyes, taste your hair, run your finger across the mouth of your glass, put your hand down his pants, and smile a lot. Do these things and you'll be on your way!

P.P.S.: okay, one of the above was a joke. We never really notice when girls run their finger across the mouth of a glass.
    amicablemunchkin Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 08:59 AM
    I don't know if I can just ask for his number without making it obvious because I am extremely shy. I can only ask for a guy's number when there is no feelings involve. I guess I can try to ask my friend to bring him out when we go to lunch or something. Thanks you guys for your comments.
    huno Posts: 336, Reputation: 75

Jul 11, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicablemunchkin
    I dont know if i can just ask for his number without making it obvious because I am extremely shy. I can only ask for a guy's number when there is no feelings involve. I guess I can try to ask my friend to bring him out when we go to lunch or something. thanks you guys for your comments.
    Actually, the point is to INTENTIONALLY make it obvious you like him. I personally prefer girls to be upfront and just very real about what they want. Most guys don't take hints very well and so to get what you want you should be very forward.

Yes, shyness is hard to deal with--I've been there many, many times... still sometimes visit!--but you need to grit your teeth and go through with it.

The last girl I dated just straight-out asked me for my number, the same way you'd ask someone for the time of day. It was quick, easy, successful (she got my number :D), and I knew right away she was interested. No fuss, no muss.

You could ask your friend to help you out, there's no problem with that... but make sure you make some kind of move. Good luck!
    aprilpri Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Just ask for he's # and if he don't,just go on like everything is okay because if you don't make a move.He will never know that you like him,or he likes you and just is going to see what you do.Think about it for he go's out with someone els.GOOD LUCK!Go for it
    greeneyedbaby Posts: 60, Reputation: 2

Dec 19, 2007, 01:18 AM
    I am the same way I get really shy and don't really talk. I find it easiest to go through the friend that introduced me to the person. I just tell them that I think I might like this person and if they could just talk to them and say that I would like to talk to them and ask if they could give me their number. Then you still make the first move but you don't have to worry about your shyness right off the bat
    nene8706 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2008, 05:38 PM
    I would find something that you have in common and commnet on it. It could be shoes, clothes, hair, anything that could strike up a conversation, and trust me, there's always something. A important thing to remember is to be honest, a first impression really counts for a lot, and sets the mood for the rest, so however you want him to precieve you(which hopefully is by being you), is how you should present yourself... and remember be confident!!
    the_gentleman Posts: 21, Reputation: 3

Apr 12, 2008, 06:08 PM
    If you are too afraid to ask for the number yourself, talk to your friend about mentioning you to Alfred. If Alfred says that he is interested, then your friend will tell Alfred that you like him too and Alfred will get your number. That way you are not making the first move, Alfred is.
    This will work perfectly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm not sure how/when to make the first move for the kiss. [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I've been kind of hanging around and reading posts and you all seem very helpful so I was wondering if someone could give me a little advice on this girl I've been seeing. Anyway, first I must say that I am just beginning to feel fully recovered from a long-term relationship- one of...

Should the boyfriend always make the first move? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here's my question... Are the boyfriends supposed to always be the ones to put the first moves on every time they fool around with their girlfriend? Or can it be from both of them? It seems like she always wants me to put the first moves on her but I never know when the right time is or if...

Should I make the move? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been good friends with a woman for a year now. We have seen each other quite a bit since we met but just as friends. We have done some things just her and I but also with her friends and my friends. I would have made a move much sooner but there are reasons I haven't. The biggest thing is we...

Are guys always supposed to make the first move? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok here's my question... Are the boyfriends supposed to always be the ones to put the first moves on every time they fool around with their girlfriend? Or can it be from both of them? It seems like she always wants me to put the first moves on her but I never know when the right time is or if...

Should I make a move? [ 1 Answers ]

I am 32 and going back to school.It's funny,cause I actually feel like I'm at high school again,cause there is this guy I really like.he is very shy and even though I'm quite outgoing and always have a laugh with just about anybody,I become really shy around him and don't know what to say or end up...

View more questions Search