Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beachjody Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 06:27 PM
    Clicking sound on 10 year old outside Heat Pump unit
    I have just noticed a clicking sound coming from the outside unit of my AC/Heat Pump. I looked through the forum, but haven't found something that helps. I just want to see if this is cause for concern.

Details..
    American Standard Inc
    The Trane Co
    Mnfc date 4/91
    Model Number TWN724B100A0

I have a big fan unit outside and I have other stuff (technical term) in the attic.

Just noticed ticking today, but I don't know how long it's been doing it.

It's been much colder than normal so we've been running the heat harder, but the last 3 or 4 days have been fairly nice and we haven't run heat or air (in florida).

I don't know what the efficiency of the unit is.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Jody
    beachjody Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 07:20 PM
    Forgot to mention the system is electric and last maintenance was 6 months ago.

Jody

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is the fan on my central air outside unit not turning and making a clicking sound [ 2 Answers ]

I have central heating/air and the fan on the out side unit has stopped turning and is making a clicking noise. The heat on the inside of the house is still working, so it is a two part question. What is causing it to not turn and make the clicking sound? And What damage will it cause if I can not...

Air Conditioner Unit Outside Making a Clicking Sound [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas and it's really hot already and I noticed last night that my Air Conditioner unit outside is making a weird clicking sound. The fan was turning last night but today it stopped working. It is around 81 degrees in my house right now and I need to know what is going on to fix this...

Clicking heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 5 ton Goodman heat pump system and the outside unit will click like it's trying to come on, but in the house it's already blowing but blowing cold. After a few minutes it finally blows warm. It does this when the temp drops into the lower 30's about ever 30 to 45 min. The unit is only 2...

Thermostat and outside unit making clicking sound? [ 4 Answers ]

The clicking sound on the outside unit is coming from inside somewhere. Would a bad contactor cause this or is there something more going on? I had just replaced the transformer. After replacing that is when the clicking started, until it suddenly stopped and now appears the new transformer...

Heat Pump Outdoor unit makes a 'clicking' noise, what cloud be the cause? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Heat Pump system. I estimate it is 15+ years old. I had it serviced this past summer. (Reversing valve replaced & recharged). The unit has run well since. It now make a 'clicking' sound when the out-door unit is running. There is no mechanical interference that fan blades...

View more questions Search