Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brooklyngurl345 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2007, 09:56 AM
    My goldfish
    Lately my goldfish have been swimming around the top a lot. :confused: They will go a little above the water and come back down.:confused: They will go near the bubbles and come back down. Sometimes they will go all the way down. But most of the time they are swimming around the top. Why are they doing that?
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

May 27, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Are they in a tank or a bowl? Regardless of what their habitat is, you need to change the water, the nitrites are probably too high and the fish can barely breath. If he is doing this and his fins are held in tightly next to the body then that is another problem. Change the water first and we will go from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goldfish tank pump [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what size pump I need for a 420 litre fish tank:confused:i have had the tank for over a year and have recently moved to acreage and tank water my fish are gasping for oxygen and the filter is constantly black what can I do to help my fish

Goldfish Help [ 3 Answers ]

I have had a goldfish for 6 years and she has survived a lot of sickness! I live in a small apartment and am currently having some remodeling work done. Since the work has begun, my goldfish tank has become very cloudy and I believe it is from the incredible dust being caused by the construction....

Goldfish [ 1 Answers ]

I have a goldfish in my water garden and it's forever upside down. It swims for a little while the correct way then it's either facing down with it's tail up or upside down. Should I be worried about this.

Goldfish with funny eyes... [ 3 Answers ]

? Recently I've noticed that my Red-Capped Oranda goldfish, Bacardi, has been growing what looks like thick blisters over his eyes. They don't seem to be bothering him, and he has no trouble navigating the fishtank or finding food at dinner time- but I'm not sure how well he can see. None of my...

View more questions Search