Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wick4217 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2017, 09:58 PM
    Guardianship
    I was told that DHS has to approve guardianship of my grandchild in DHS custody and that a judge can't override it because of Oklahoma laws... Is this true?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 20, 2017, 12:13 AM
    Yes, DHS has to approve guardianship. They need to be sure the child is placed in a safe environment.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 20, 2017, 02:35 PM
    Yes. Plus most likely they may have to pass a background test if not blood related.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get guardianship of my sister,when her grandmother has guardianship of her? [ 1 Answers ]

My sister is 12 and is living with her grandmother because our mother and her father are both drug addicts,well my sister has been telling me about the bull crap that's been going on In The house! Her grandmother treats her awful compared to our brother! Mentally and physically abusing her! I need...

Guardianship [ 0 Answers ]

I am the legal guardian of my minor grand daughter, my daughter wants to terminate my guardianship. My daughter lost custody due to drugs and DUI's. She has not completed a drug rehab program, she started one and was kicked out due to non-compliance. She eventually moved in with her boyfriend...

How can I get joint guardianship with my mother who has legal guardianship of my neph [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is now ageing and my 11yr old nephew is stressing her out. How can I go about sharing guardianship with her even though she has legal guardianship?

In Texas - Wife given guardianship niece before we married. I want guardianship too. [ 0 Answers ]

My wife was given legal guardianship of her niece before we got married. I would like to become a guardian as well. We all live together and are raising the child as our own. Do I already have guardianship by marriage? How do I get legal rights over the child?

I have legal guardianship of my grandson in Ohio. Can there be joint guardianship [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyway for my daughter and I to share guardianship of her son. I have legal guardianship right now and my daughter is doing really good but I'm not ready to give her full control just yet. I only get very limited support for my grandson because his step grandpa and I make too much money...

View more questions Search