Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jcleveland23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2009, 11:41 AM
    Abandonment of children
    I have four children. The father of my youngest two is trying to get custody. He says I abandoned my children. The facts are I have them living with my mother four days aweek for one month while I move from one town to another. I am going to school and working in the new town. I see my kids every weekend and sometime in the week! I still give my mom money to take care of my kids. Can he get me for abandonment?:confused:
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Sep 20, 2009, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jcleveland23 View Post
    I have four children. The father of my youngest two is trying to get custody. He says I abandoned my children. The facts are I have them living with my mother four days aweek for one month while I move from one town to another. I am going to school and working in the new town. I see my kids every weekend and sometime in the week! I still give my mom money to take care of my kids. Can he get me for abandonment?:confused:
    Abandonment?Probably not,but I can see his cause for seeking custody.He may file at any time for custody modification. He has to prove that there’s been a big change in the life of the children or the other parent or custodian since the current Parenting Plan was entered.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want My Children to Visit Me. Order is from State Where Children No Longer Live [ 8 Answers ]

Children were living with mother in Hawaii when order was signed. Children and mother are now living in NC, have been for 3 years. Does State of NC have jurisdiction or do we have to go back to Hawaii? I want my children to come visit me where I live and she is saying I have to go to NC to visit...

Abandonment on children [ 9 Answers ]

If the father is not on the birth certificate and has not paid or seen the kids in a year can I get him for abandonment so that my fiancée that has been helping me raise them adopt them. Please help me!! How do I go about this?

Abandonment from me and my children [ 1 Answers ]

My husband left my children and I on Monday. I want to know what I need to do. I have not seen or heard from him at all. We were planning on separating anyway. I went to get a weekend by myself on Saturday and was back on Sunday. I want a place of my own and then I was going to file for divorce. He...

Abandonment of children? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a brother who had been married for 13 years. Then his wife left them for other man. She left my brother and the children 13,12, and 5years old. Nine months later, she seeks her right to see her children. Does she really have the right to do so? And one more thing, when they were married,...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search