Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puzzledinsc Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 30, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Blades won't engage
    I have a Rally, made for Craftsman, model 18544B, 18.5 HP Briggs, 42 inch cut. I am told it was made byAYP. Blades have stopped engaging. I have replaced the PTO switch. Following the wires some lead to a plug in into the mower that is in the base of the frame on the right side, just above the deck. It is square and pronged and plugs in to something attached to the frame but there is only the plug in-it is not attached to other wires. Am I missing something? Is this part of the engagement process? Seems like the other end needs to go somewhere unless this is some kind of contact to engage the blades and it maybe isn't working.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2007, 08:01 PM
    Wires should be running to the safety switch. And they will only plug in to one end, the other end is a plunger that is round and is activated as the blades are being engaged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engage Blades motor conks out and backfires [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I have a Craftsman Lawn Tractor 17HP Kohler Engine and I bought it in 2003 so its fairly new. When I start it up with the choke and then let it idle it seems to run OK, I can even drive it around a bit. However when I engage the mower blades to cut the grass the rpm seem to...

Blades won't engage in high gear. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2001 Troybilt tractor, 23hp with a 50" cut. It runs great and blades engage and cut in low gear. However when in high gear the blades disengage. Anybody got any idea on what could be the problem? Email me please @ [email protected]. Thanks

Heat pump will not engage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, My name is Scott I live in Alabama. About a year ago we had a new heat pump and air handler installed in our house every thing has been great until now when I tried to turn on the air I receive a bunch of different carracters on the digital screen of thermostat and the outside unit...

MTD blades will not engage on riding mower [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Lowe's MTD mower. The blades will not engage.

Ride on blade will not engage [ 1 Answers ]

Cadet ride on lawn mower with safety feature of disengage cutting blade... now blade will not reengage... reset button? Help !

View more questions Search