Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    curious_moth Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2007, 03:25 AM
    Cash wired - stolen, lost or wandering
    I really need some help. I am a single-mom who just declined a work opportunity in Mid East (lady driver) because a friend in UK has just offered to loan me money to use to start a business here in the Philippines. My friend said, I'd be better work here to stay with my kids than go to another country because she worry for my children's welfare. In order for her to send the money she sent me a blank form telling me to bring it to my bank and ask them exact data to enter so the money won't go somewhere. But the lady in the bank told me she don't exactly know what to enter because the remitter's bank must already know it. Isn't that odd? She don't know her banks info? I went to two other banks to do my own research until I finally understand what data to enter the form.
    The money has been wired 12th of April and it is already the 25th. I have the Transaction Reference No. The Confirmation No. by the commercial bank which is called an intermediary bank. They have my money. It was clear because it has left the bank in UK. But until now they cannot tell me when I can get that or who has it. 2 weeks has passed, my landlord is sending me out now from my apartment due to many frozen days I had clearing this out I cannot work nor think as efficient as I can be because my mind drifts. I have complained a number of times, nobody can give me assurance or at least clarity with this matter. Please tell me what to do.

Remitting Bank - HSBC UK
    Intermediary Bank - Wachovia New York
    Beneficiary Bank - RCBC Savings Bank Philippines

None of which can tell me where the money is now.:confused:

Apr 25, 2007, 03:29 AM
    Follow up :

HSBC UK is asking a contact person to whom they can speak with directly. Wachovia Bank NY answer via e-mail through customer service representative. No clear answer. RCBC Savings Bank can't give any officer's name or contact informations. How can this be??
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 25, 2007, 05:45 AM
    I don't know how this can be. Basically, you have an account at RCBC. The remitter gives that account number and the name of the bank to HSBC UK and tells them to transfer the money to the account at RCBC. It's a simple transactions that is done hundreds of times daily.

I would go into the bank manager at RCBC and tell them to get off the stick and credit your account. Or explain why and EXACTLY what has to be done. If they can't help then ask toi speak to a supervisor and up the line.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Not sure wire transfers normally go though in a matter of minutes.

Have you talked to your friend who sent the moneyto talk to the bank there and see what can be done ?

Apr 26, 2007, 12:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Not sure wire transfers normally go though in a matter of minutes.

Have you talked to your friend who sent the moneyto talk to the bank there and see what can be done ?
    Yes I did Fr_Chuck. At first my friend asked me what are the contact details of the concerned personalities in RCBC so HSBC UK can contact them directly. I just came from RCBC today and they do not know exactly where and to whom must HSBC be directed. So I just told my friend to go to her bank and ask them to retrieve the wired cash or trace it down. But unfortunately she's on travel so it might took her weeks to go to her bank and ask to do that. :(

Apr 26, 2007, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    I don't know how this can be. Basically, you have an account at RCBC. The remitter gives that account number and the name of the bank to HSBC UK and tells them to transfer the money to the account at RCBC. Its a simple transactions that is done hundreds of times daily.

I would go into the bank manager at RCBC and tell them to get off the stick and credit your account. Or explain why and EXACTLY what has to be done. If they can't help then ask toi speak to a supervisor and up the line.
    That's what I just did today ScottGem. But their answer was that they cannot trace the wire from this far end. So the only thing that can be done is that my friend must go to HSBC UK and demand for retrieval or trace down. But she's not in UK right now. I believe this thing would resolve. The problem is that there has been a lot of damaged occurred. If banks has been doing business accordingly then people who is undergoing serious trouble and the money which would have saved them arrived in time, then many would have relieved.
    Now, it became worst... the money would come in anyway soon but the damaged has been done... sad isn't it?:(
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 26, 2007, 05:51 AM
    The problem now is finding out where the error occurred. RCBC is correct that the remitter has to institute the trace.

Apr 26, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    The problem now is finding out where the error occured. RCBC is correct that the remitter has to institute the trace.
    Thank you, we will be doing that now. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wired wrong [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 200 amp service a 50amp breaker outside and a 50amp gfi inside it trips the breaker outside not the gfi that is close to the tub don't know why the watts are 1500@120 and 6000@240 it says that a 50amp is the biggest one I need. Do I need a solid ground from the tub to the outside box?help...

Wandering Mouse [ 5 Answers ]

When I hold my mouse still, it often moves upward slowly & often to the left. It's not smooth movement either, it jiggles while it's moving. How do I stop this?

Wandering [ 20 Answers ]

I told this girl that I liked her, and she smiled and said okay. The next day she did smile at me a few times and spoke. But it seem to be a little awkward. Just wandering if she likes me back.:confused:

Wandering Stars [ 3 Answers ]

Are all stars locked into galaxies or are there loose stars moving through space free to travel wherever they are heading?

Improperly Wired? [ 7 Answers ]

Wanting my new digital thermostat to run off the 'C' 24 vac common instead of batteries I opened my Thermal Zone (#ah368-1s) electric furnace door panel. I have been unable to find any details online about that specific unit, but there is a wiring diagram inside. The low voltage for the...

View more questions Search