Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcethindra Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2004, 01:11 PM
    Pause between two applications
    Hello Friends,
    I have scheduled two applications to kick of in the night. I have written a batch file to execute these applications where the second application commences only after the first one finishes. How much time the first application takes to finish is not fixed.

I want there to be a time delay of 4 to 5 minutes between the finish of the first application and commencement of the second application.

Can anybody suggest a command which can pause for five minutes before the next application starts.

Thanks
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Dec 1, 2004, 01:41 PM
    There is no readily available batch command for this. However, there are some techniques that will introduce delays.
    Try the ping command to a non-existent IP address (e.g. 1.1.1.1), while specifying the time-out delay (in milliseconds):
    PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 60000 >NUL
    Where
    "-n 1" is the request for 1 echo
    "-w 60000" is the request to wait for 60 seconds before the time out
    ">NUL" is to reroute the result to nowhere

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Making applications [ 10 Answers ]

I was approached by my brother the other day asking if I can make applications because I have general programming knowledge. The most I know is C. I didn't get all the info yet but I figured I would ask this question first. What programming language are most applications made from? I know this may...

Lost help files in Win XP applications [ 3 Answers ]

After installing SP2 lost XP Office applications help pages. Accessing help when in Excel or Word etc gives left hand pane with contents/index but right hand pane gives error message "Action Cancelled- Internet Explorer could not link web page..." etc etc. All files in Office\1033 folder seem OK...

Running Applications [ 3 Answers ]

What is 'ntoskrnl.exe'? In my Running Applications window for Sygate (Firewall) it has five entries: PROTOCOL / STATUS / LOCAL PORT / LOCATION UDP / LISTEN / 445 / C:\WINNT\system32\ntoskrnl.exe TCP / LISTEN / 445 / ...

View more questions Search