Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitcipl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2014, 09:14 AM
    Is it a safe way to write prescription using software?
    Hi all,

Can we write the Prescription for patients using software, is it a safe method to writing online prescription with the help of a Software.?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2014, 09:34 AM
    Our family Dr. does it. It works fine for us. Not sure what type safety problems you are concerned about. From the standpoint of patient's health, the system should provide more legible orders to the pharmacist so it should be good for the patient from that standpoint. If you are concerned about security from the Dr's end and possible hacking and illegal use of his authority to get access to narcotics etc, I don't believe that any program is absolutely foolproof. But the paper prescriptions have certainly been abused. You need to study the risk/benefit relationships.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2014, 09:42 AM
    I would almost bet 90% of doctors use an online software for prescriptions.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Jan 28, 2014, 10:19 AM
    It is safe. My question would be how secure is it. If a druggie, and they inventive little buggers, can't easily forage a prescription for drugs then I would call it safe. Cheaper too I would think as well as quicker.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 28, 2014, 10:37 AM
    My doctors do it. The software is specifically design for NY because they have to purchase special Prescription blank papers. Software often helps by checking other meds to avoid conflicts as well.

But you do have to be careful that the software is approved for use in your area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doctor unjustly refused to write adderall prescription due to urine test results [ 1 Answers ]

I have been prescribed adderall since I was in the 8th grade... last year the price suddenly went up and in couldn't afford it for months until I got Medicaid... Once I did I had to see a new doctor and they said they wanted to start me off on a lower amount and gradually increase it which I...

Is glutathione safe without doctor's prescription? [ 1 Answers ]

hi may i ask if i can take gluta or metathione without a dermatologist's prescription..thanks a lot :)

Safe removal of M.S. Messenger software. [ 2 Answers ]

OilMan6 :rolleyes: 18 October 2005 0154 Hrs. SUBJECT: Safe removal of old version of Microsoft Messenger software, Prior to...

How do you know the software you are recommending is safe? [ 28 Answers ]

I asked this question in my post below but it might get lost with all the other questions I am asking. How do you know the software people are recommending to download off the computer is safe? How do I know what I am downloading to get rid of other harmful items does not have harmful items in...

View more questions Search