Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DRAhelp Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2009, 02:53 PM
    Disputing items on your credit report
    If I want to dispute an item on my credit report, what is the procedure I should follow? Do I have a good chance of getting errors eliminated? Do the credit reporting agencies have a limited mount of time in which they have to verify the debt and provide me with proof? Any help would be useful. Thank you in advance.
    walt17 Posts: 335, Reputation: 28

Feb 17, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Go to the website for the company that provided the report. They will have info there on the process. Links for all three follow.
    Transunion
    TransUnion Personal: Submit a Credit Dispute – Online, by Phone or by U.S. Mail
    Experian
    Credit Report and free credit score at Experian.com
    Equifax
    Equifax Online Help: How to Correct Errors on Your Equifax Credit File

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Paid items from credit report [ 3 Answers ]

How do I go about removing zero balance items from my credit report, or should I even be trying to? If I need to remove them, do I contact the creditor? I am very new to this, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Also, does anyone know what the codes stand for on the report? Example:...

Credit Report Items [ 1 Answers ]

Can a judgement entered without your knowledge and then put on your credit report without your knowledge be removed?

Deleted items on credit report [ 2 Answers ]

I disputed some items on my credit report, I disputed them on experian and exquifax, at the time I did not have online access to transunion. Anyhow, I received a letter today from experian stating that the items have been deleted. My question is does this mean these items have been removed from all...

Should I be scared to dispute some credit report items? [ 3 Answers ]

Here is the situation: I filed bankruptcy in December of 2004 and got it discharged in March of 2005. I pulled my reports and some accounts are showing as open even though they were discharged. Because I listed all of my debts in the bankruptcy there are some debts not in the credit reports....

Removing items from credit report [ 1 Answers ]

There is this guy that I know who has started his own company. He claims that he can clean up your credit. I have always been warned about these type of things. That taking something off your credit report cannot be done. The way that he says it is done is that according to your credit, you...

View more questions Search