Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Oct 31, 2012, 05:05 PM
    Owen has kennel cough
    Owen started coughing and unable to catch his breathe at one point today. Off to the vet we went. I was never so scared in my life I thought I was losing him. We were told that it sounds worse than it is.
    He has kennel cough and is on Clavaseptin one pill every 12 hours for 10 days. The kennel cough is in his throat and if he worsens he has to go back to the vet. The vet said we caught it early and he should be fine. I started googling for more info and found the following site. Before I try some things they recommend to ease symptoms I would like to know if this is a legit site or not.
    Kennel Cough Home Remedy - Natural Remedies for Kennel Cough
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 31, 2012, 07:18 PM
    I wouldn't follow any of the advice on that site, but it's really up to you.

The best treatment is that provided by the vet. :)
    Dogs Expert

Oct 31, 2012, 07:27 PM
    And this is why I checked it out first. Googling is good but I need to know what I find is accurate as well.
    Thank you!
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 1, 2012, 05:52 PM
    Raw honey works wonders for kennel cough
    Dogs Expert

Nov 1, 2012, 06:35 PM
    Lucky do I need to check with vet due to his allergies? He has not been tested just put on fish only diet due to the breakouts he got and his ears got gunk in them.
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Nov 2, 2012, 09:32 AM
    Raw honey is pretty natural. Unless he's allergic to sugar, he should be fine. The Raw stuff has no preservative in it.

Most vets don't agree with holistic treatments. You could ask if honey is a common allergy. I don't think it is.

You could also try it and see if he reacts. You're using it short term, so I wouldn't think he'd react so fast. Food allergies typically take weeks before something changes.
    Dogs Expert

Nov 2, 2012, 11:39 PM
    Thank you so much Lucky I will try it for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kennel cough [ 2 Answers ]

I got a puppy from a kill shelter. And she was fine at first. After a few days she started coughing/gagging.. And it gets worse at night. And now my 5 year old dog Rosey is coughing.. Her's is more like a barking cough. I don't know what to do.

Kennel cough [ 5 Answers ]

My Cocker is 14 years old and quite frequently starts coughing and then gags one time with nothing coming up. He licks on his paws a lot lately, and it sounds like a hairball. Could that be possible, or should I take him to the vet for this?

Cough medicine for kennel cough [ 4 Answers ]

I am dog-sitting my mother's dog. He is a standard poodle. He went to the groomer's at PetSmart about 5 days ago. Early this morning he started coughing from 3 am until 8 am. Poor thing I felt terrible. I messaged my mom about it, she said he had coughed a few times before, (several days after...

Kennel Cough [ 7 Answers ]

I just rescued a sweet 1 year old german shepard mix from a shelter that has a bad case of the kennel cough. I rushed him to the vet when I found out that he wasn't eating. :confused: He is way under weight ( 60lbs) not drinking as well. I have him IV's because the vet can't keep him there due to...

View more questions Search