Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neelu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2006, 08:20 AM
    Pigmentation problem
    Hi,

My face color is dark than my body color which is fair. My neck is fair and it looks weird when I see my face dark. I have pigmentation near checks and lips. They are not bad but yes quiet visible. I am using Pond's face wash and U.V AVO sunscreen cream. Please do suggest me something good to match my face color with my neck color.

Thanks
    Neelu
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 7, 2006, 06:34 PM
    One of the most common facial problems for women of color is uneven skin tone or dark marks. Using skin lightening agents with hydroquinone or kojic acid may help even out your skin tone. Glycolic peels can also improve your skin's texture and clarity. However, skin enhancing agents don't all work. You might want to visit your dermatologist for treatment.
    chris1104 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Neelu-

I have melasma which is basically dark areas on your face - I went to the doc and they said it was from the sun and taking birthcontrol pills for an extended amount of time ( 10 years for me) There are a few different options to look at depending on where you live. My best advice would be to look up melasma on the internet and review your different options. I purchased this skin cream from CA which cost me 250.00 and it has been the only thing that has helped me besides not getting in the sun. Just be sure that whenever you are in the sun to use sunscreen. Try to use the highest level you can. There is a place on the net that you can buy 100 proof sunscreen which I highly suggest. There are many women that suffer from this and there is basically no cure. Good luck!!
    drmskhalil Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Jul 17, 2007, 12:50 PM
    Hey neelu, for making your skin tone even, u must eat citrus fruits. They contain vitamin c which is good for making the skin colour even. I hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playboy girlfirend problem.. Real problem [ 14 Answers ]

I have this new girlfriend.. that I really, really like (more than any other). She seems really nice... she was wearing everything of the "playboy" (earrings, bag, shirt, etc, etc) brand name / merchandise. I thought it was cute and a one time thing. Until I saw her bedroom.. It was 100%...

Hyper-pigmentation that I desperately want to get rid of! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, my skin has always been uneven around my mouth and I have dark under eyes so kind of think its hereditary. But then I went to australia and didn't protect myself from the sun and a few months after return I began to experience darker patches around my chin / mouth areas. And each year it...

Hyper pigmentation under my underarms [ 2 Answers ]

:eek: I have been very self conscious about the hyper pigmentation under my underarms for years and I wondered about everything from expensive to inexpensive, I just want to know what would really help me fast and safe. Thanks Oh so much!

View more questions Search