Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tiffany6543 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Birth control and bleeding
    I have a question. I just had a baby via c - section 7 weeks ago. I bled for 4 weeks continuously and finally stopped bleeding for a week. Then I started bleeding again and assumed this was my period and started Yasmin birth control the Sunday after the bleeding started. Well -- I don't know if it was the period or not because I have continued to bleed on and off this entire month that I have been taking the birth control bill. It will stop for a day and start again. I am due to actually start a period next week because I will be taking the inactive pills -- but I am just wondering what is going on and how long this is going to last? I have taken Yasmin before and it never did this to me. Thanks for the help.
    svatnsdal Posts: 183, Reputation: 20
    -

Apr 11, 2008, 11:53 AM
    You should call your doctor immediately! I don't think you should be starting the birth control pill this soon after having a child, but I could be wrong. You should go to your doctor and discuss this with her/him.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 11, 2008, 01:12 PM
    Your hormones are still all over the place. It takes a good long while for them to regulate after pregnancy. Are you breastfeeding?

This could be breakthrough bleeding from the combination of the birth control and the hormonal imbalance. Why not give your doctor a call just to see what he/she has to say.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleeding before my period and on birth conrol [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 22 years old and have been on birth control since I was 16. I am in a relationship with someone who I've been with for 5 years, and we typically do not use condoms but if I am in between getting my birth control we do. I have been bleeding for the past 8 days really light for most of it...

Birth Control causes birth defects? [ 1 Answers ]

So I take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo and was reading some info about it and noticed that it said you should not take it if you are pregnant (obviously!) because it causes birth defects. So then I started wondering, what if you are taking it and for some reason it doesn't work and you end up pregnant (as...

I'm on the depovera birth control shots and I am bleeding only during or after sex [ 1 Answers ]

I have been using depo for months and I've had major pains in my stomach and have had shortness of breath and headaches. I have also have had the feeling of faitness or contstant nerveounes. Lately every time I've had intercorse of anykind I start to bleed. This did not happen before I started...

Bleeding on birth control [ 1 Answers ]

I've been on birth control for three months now. I've been bleeding for the last 2 weeks and I'm still bleeding. What should I do and what's wrong with me?

Bleeding during birth control [ 4 Answers ]

I have a question regarding bleeding during birth control. I have been on the pill for over 7 years for endometriosis. I have always had regular periods while on the pill and have always been on the same kind, never switching brands. Right now I have about half done my pack of pills and a I...

View more questions Search