Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leepresser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2006, 08:15 AM
    Uploading a V.O.B. file to YouTube
    A live video feed was loaded onto my hard drive in a V.O.B. format. This was done through a "dazzle" device. I want to upload this video onto YouTube.

I have never uploaded any video to YouTube.

Can video in that format be uploaded? If so, please provide step-by-step instuctions.

If I edit that V.O.B. video in Adobe Premiere, can the resulting .prel file be uploaded to YouTube? If so, Please provide step-by-step instructions.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 20, 2006, 08:17 AM
    As far as I'm aware YouTube is set up in such away that ANY video file that is upped can be handled by the site.
    YouTube Help section covers everything you need.

Your VOB file would best be converted to avi for ease of upload as VOB's are very large.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2006, 08:29 AM
    I doubt the VOB file would be accepted as it is a native uncompressed DVD format and most PC media players would not know what to do with it. Most people use DVDShrink or other such programs to rip DVDs to AVI.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I upload video into YouTube? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a video of a speech that I gave that is on dvd and I want to download it to my computer and then upload it to YouTube, etc. so I can share it online but I can't figure it out for some reason. Any advice or help would be great!

How do you download from YouTube [ 1 Answers ]

How Do You download From Youtube.com

Uploading files-- I feel like an idiot, but... [ 1 Answers ]

Can't learn unless you ask-- I can't upload files (word, text, etc... ) into a web site- or anywwhere - have to use copy and paste --- hassle because some will only take keyboard (cntrl c,. ) , some from file menu up top, some right click. Am very frustrated. PLEASE HELP! --- Thanks

View more questions Search