Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    evaofadawn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Identifying an old anime movie
    Hello!
    I'm trying to identify an old anime movie. It's most probably an 80's movie, or a really early 90s one. This is what I remember about it:

- the main hero is a young male, blonde as far as I remember, who is living in a village by the sea, which is protected by the water by a big dam or something similar.

- the hero leaves his village on a mission or something similar, and there starts a part of the story which I don't remember at all but I'm almost sure it involved mecha or science fiction robot bikes.

- somehow, almost at the end of the film the hero returns, and that's when he (if I remember correct) destroys his village by braking the dam, causing a flood that drowns the village.

- near the village is a huge tree, that is shown many times in the film and who makes the hero understand all his mistakes. It's like an image of the importance of life.

- in the movie, there is a woman who has lost her loved ones, and spends her days sitting by the sea. When the sun sets every day, there is something like a spaceship that crosses the sky and takes the dead souls away, which have the shape of birds, red birds that fly towards the spaceship. The woman cries to be taken away with them, but nothing happens. At the end of the film, the hero finds her and she still asks to be taken away, and she turns into stone!

That's all I can remember! Please help me out! I have tried but can't find it myself!

Thank you very much in advance!
    achryso Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2009, 05:22 AM

OK! Found it today,
    It is called "WINDARIA"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Old Anime movie title [ 3 Answers ]

Yes, I was wondering if anyone could help me name a movie I once saw on cartoon network long ago. It was an anime about a boy who is taken to a far off land in his dreams. He meets a king and learns about a locked door far beneath the castle where a great evil is contained. After being...

80s Anime Movie Title? [ 1 Answers ]

There was this anime style movie from the 80's... and all I remember is that in the end a man and a woman get turned into cranes... one's pinking and the other's greyish. I think that the man was trying to save the woman but failed, and she was turned into a crane so he chose to be a crane too?...

Japanese anime movie [ 2 Answers ]

Someone told me of a movie he bought in Japan called Dragonball Alter-Verse and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could go or what I could do to find this movie to either watch it or buy it?

View more questions Search