Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geoman1343 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2009, 04:46 PM
    Bath tub on concrete slab
    I would like to add a bathtub/shower to my 1/2 bath in the basement. What can I do for a drain for the tub.
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2009, 05:26 PM

Short of saying connect the pipes you really need to give some distances here so everybody can figure out the venting and supplies.

Is there a P trap drain on the sink or a S trap in design? The 'trap looks like a ( P ) or an ( S ) so you know.

Where is the main sewage stack relative to that room?

Get back with more info so you get a better direction here
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Apr 24, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by geoman1343 View Post
    I would like to add a bathtub/shower to my 1/2 bath in the basement. What can I do for a drain for the tub.
    If your lavatory's vented you would have to take up the cement and locate the lavatory drain line. You would then cut in a wye on a combination wye and eighth bend and pipe to a 2" "P" trap and raiser at the location of the tub dap-out.. (a 12 or 14 " square hole cut in the cement). You'll need at least 60 inches of room to install the new tub. Let me know if you need more information. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete Slab Poured Over Concrete Slab [ 1 Answers ]

I'm remodeling a large commercial building, +/- 100k s.f.. I'm attempting to provide a drive-thru into the existing facility by opening up the existing masonry walls to allow vehicles access pick up area and drive out with merchandise . The interior concrete slab on grade is 4-5" thk. which will...

Installing bath room on an concrete slab already poured [ 7 Answers ]

I wqnt to install a bath room on my concrete slab.Slab has been in for 15 yrs.Is there a way to pump .

Pouring interior concrete slab over existing, cracked concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I am turning part of my carport into a new living room. I am going to pour a concrete slab about 4 inches thick over the existing carport floor which is a concrete slab. The existing slab has a few cracks, the largest of which is about an 1/8in. Wide and raised about an 1/8in. What would be the...

Adding new bath to concrete slab [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, We just purchased a home in L.A. built in the 60s that has a concrete slab construction. We want to add on a master bath to the house but I don't know how we would tie into the plumbing lines in this kind of a foundation. Do they actually pour concrete onto the pipes when the foundation is...

View more questions Search