Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kbrodriguez Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2007, 04:31 PM
    How do I run my air conditioner with solar panels
    Hello all!
    I live in sunny Puerto Rico and I am interested in installing solar (photovoltaic) panels to run the house; however, no one is able to tell me how to operate our a/c.
    I understand the issue with the high energy demand when the compressor kicks in, but how do I overcome it?
    With thanks,
    Kenneth B.
    Felrio Posts: 37, Reputation: 3

Jan 21, 2007, 09:27 PM
    It all depends on how much you want to spend on the system. How much energy are you trying to replace with your solar system. There could be options like:
    - Only conditioning an specific area at a time, or disable some systems while you run your AC.

If you mean overcome it by an alternative while using the system at Full, then you may consider a considerable increase in energy input.

I hope this gives a clue.
    solar cell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 02:25 AM
    How much energy you need for a/c?
    ? Watt
    Ac or dc?
    Please read the specification of your aircoditioner.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jan 29, 2008, 02:46 AM
    Contact a solar/wind generator manufacturer. They will have all the information and can give you specs on the capacitor bank you will need for this item below and any other question you may have.

(((I understand the issue with the high energy demand when the compressor kicks in, but how do I overcome it?)))
    iamfound74 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2011, 04:42 PM
    Did you ever figure it out Kenneth?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Solar Air conditioners [ 1 Answers ]

HI All I am looking for a small solar powered AC unit which I could put in a small room (size 2 x 2 x 1.8 meters). This room is mainly made of glass and I am now using it as a storage room. The AC unit could replace one of the roof panels and I would prefer it to a modular type with little...

Air conditioner condenser air temp [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the temp coming form the outdoor condenser should be really warm, like that coming out of a furnace, or just mildly warm, like around 90. Does the temp coming out have anything to do with performance or cost? I ask this because I live in an apartment, and the downstairs...

Air conditioner [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all. I have actually two questions. Our home is about 7 years old and is extremely hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Any ideas why. Our attic is unbeleivably hot. Should I instal a fan in there. My second question is can I add an air conditioning unit to my gas furnace(carrier)...

Air Conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

Rencently is was cool outside and I turned off my air conditioner. A couple of days later I wanted to turn it back on. It no longer blew cold air. Everything appears to be working fine. I turned it off and haven't tried to use it until the other night it was cold out and I wanted to heat the house,...

Air Conditioner [ 3 Answers ]

This Summer I installed an 18000 BTU Air Conditioner in a living room window. Will it harm the unit if I leave it in the window for the Winter? I live in Minnesota.

View more questions Search