Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reganrox94 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Cheerleading jumps
    i need help on gettin my toe-toch pike and front herdler:)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Someone is demonstrating moves on the following link which might be worth checking out and emulating.

YouTube - Toe touch front hurdler back tuck
    mjriley10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Stretch every night and practice high kicks. Uhm, run to get your legs stronger and crunches for your abs will make them higher. Don't forget to point your toes :)
    TmichelleO Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Feb 3, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mjriley10
    Stretch everynight and practice high kicks. Uhm, run to get your legs stronger and crunches for your abs will make them higher. Dont forget to point your toes :)
    I definitely agree with her!! Just remember keep your chest up and don't reach for your toes bring you toes up to your hands... V ups and high kick are a great way to get those jumps up there! :) if you have any other questions feel free to ask!!
    mwilliams15 Posts: 172, Reputation: 24

Feb 3, 2008, 08:33 PM
    In my opinion, jumps are all in the approach. However you go in to the jump will definitely be a huge factor on how successful you are at the jump. Of course kicking and practicing getting limber is important, but I would suggest squating to the ground and jumping strait up in the air. This will help to get your jumps higher.

Try doing jumps by count. I'm sure you've probably heard of an 8 count.
    Stand with your feet together and hands by your side. Count 5,6,7,8.
    On 1, 2 clap your hands together. On 3, 4 put your hands in a high V. On 5, bring your arms in front of you, then swing them in a circular motion allowing them to cross over each other and pointing strait down(bend your knees!). On 6 start lifting and jumping, pull your feet up and keep your chest strait. Land on 7, clean on 8.

For your toe touch, practice rolling your hips backward, point your toes, and try to get your knees to face backward. To practice this technique, lay flat on your back with your arms above your head. Kick your legs back in a toe touch position and use your arms how you would in a toe touch. This video shows this exercise around 40 seconds into it: YouTube - Toe Touch Exercises

This is also a good video. It shows toe touch, pike, and herdler: YouTube - Pike Jump/Front Stretch: Advanced Cheerleading

Hope all this helped! =)
    Keep cheerin!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm new to cheerleading and I need a few tips on cheerleading. [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, I'm very new to cheerleading and I really need some tips on cheerleading. And if anyone has any cheers, could you send them to me? Thanks. ~Bye <3

Dog jumps and bites my face! [ 12 Answers ]

Our 8 month old beagle/boston terrier mix is starting to calm down only slightly. She was spayed a few months ago. She's a VERY hyper dog, always has to be running around, can't just sit still. Anyway, for the most part she's well behaved. The biggest problem is that all of a sudden she can just...

96 Civic Idle Jumps [ 3 Answers ]

Soon after start up idle jumps between 1000rpms to 2000rpms, no engine trouble codes, swapped new Idle Air Control Valve, swapped the PVC valve, clean throttle body, idle adjust did nothing, switch signals to computer all check out, hoses and connections all check out, changed the ECU for one on...

Hyperextended jumps [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying out for high school cheerleading this year. I have been in Pop Warner for 6 years. High school seems to be different it is very competitive. Over 100 girls try out and only 18 make it. We are suppose to have a hyperextended toe touch. Mine is good but not that good I have got...

View more questions Search