Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guruarmbrecht Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2009, 04:25 PM
    DVD RW drive will not read any disks
    I have a NEC 5100 A DVD RW drive. The system device manager indicated this drive is working properly on my HP zd7000 notebook. However, it will not play audio or data disks.

Any help would be appreciated since I can't use my drive to load any disks to repair it.

My operating system is XP.

Thanks,

Guru in areas other than computers
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2009, 06:13 PM

In windows explorer, do es it show what files are on the disk?

Does this happen on dvd and cd discs?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD Drive not reading any disks [ 19 Answers ]

My cd drive doesn't read any type of disks, I've tried music and installation disks and nothing happeneds. The drive was working fine a few days ago, but it hasn't worked since I did abit of cable management. The computer is picking up that I've got a cd drive and it appears when I get boot the...

DVD RW Won't read any disks. [ 7 Answers ]

Hey, I have now had this problem for a while and tried to find a solution all over the net... but just nothing, so I thought I'd finally try to ask somewhere. I got 2 drives on my comp, a DVD R and a DVD RW, the first works as it should, no problem, but suddenly one day I just noticed that I...

Zip Drive Disks [ 4 Answers ]

How do I unwrite protect a write protected 100 megabite zip drive disk? These disk inadvertently write protected themselves and they are not full.

View more questions Search