Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 03:55 AM
    What Percentage of Wool
    What Percentage of wool is needed in a wool blend to create the felting techniquE? Or must it be 100% wool?:confused: ;) :p :D :o :rolleyes:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 06:19 AM
    Hi chi, this is a hard question to answer because there are a few grades of felt. Felt is made up of 'cast off'.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
    I'm not TOO familiar with knitting terms yet, as this is a new hobby that I have picked up. I actually just learned of the felting technique as you may be able to tell by the abundance of questions I have asked about it lately. I was at Joanne's looking for some wool yarn to experiment with, and found that there are bunches with different percentage of wool, as they are wool blends. I decided to stay safe and stick to the ones that said "feltable" on the packaging. But just because it doesn't say that, doesn't mean that its NOT feltable, right? I was just wondering what percentage of wool was needed in a wool blend to create this effect, as Joanne's is having a sale on wool blended yarns. 2 for $4!!
    lestermac Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 02:59 PM

Don't know if you're still looking for an answer, but in some yarns the wool will felt and some of the other fibers will not. This can give you very interesting textures. It can be fun to experiment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding Percentage [ 3 Answers ]

I am selling a product for $ 3.38 , which cost me $ 3.12. What formula will tell me at what percentage I am selling this for.

Lead wool caulking [ 1 Answers ]

I read in another post that you can caulk with lead wool. Does this mean that after packing oakum in a joint, you then pack lead wool into that same joint (without any application of heat) and you are done?

Cashmere versus wool coats [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Does anyone know, in layman terms, how much more effective a cashmere coat is, in keeping you warm for NY winter, compared to a good quality wool coat? I agree cashmere feels better on the skin, and light-weight, looks great etc, and am also interested to understand the strength of its core...

View more questions Search