Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2006, 02:41 PM
    I have a good friend whose maiden name was Greer. Her Father's family came from Germany, starting in 1860. The majority of them came to North Dakota, but some settled in Indiana. If you are interested, I can ask her to post here to you.
    GeneGenie Posts: 53, Reputation: 3

Dec 12, 2006, 09:50 AM
    In 1870 there are no Greers (either exact or similar) in the US Census, in Dakota Territory.

In 1880 there are 8 Greer households in Dakota Territory, but none born in Germany.

Check the sticky on this board for some search tips to share with your friend... and absolutely: let her know about us; we're happy to help further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for members of the Greer Family Tree living in Illinois, Indiana, Tennessee [ 2 Answers ]

I have started searching my family lines on my mother side... it is a total challenge for the different cultures and heritages that are involved... have some information about the Greer Family with this special history please contact...

Goals of Gerd M [ 1 Answers ]

How many goals did the German soccer legend Gerd Müller get in total in his career (both in the Geman "Bundesliga" and the National Team)?

Summer project in Germany, students would be paid by 1500 EURO/month [ 0 Answers ]

3RD SUMMER PROGRAM IN ALTERNATIVE SPLICING We are looking for 10 natural science or medical undergraduate students for a four-week paid work/study summer program, sponsored by a European Commission grant. The objective of this summer program is to create a manually maintained computer...

View more questions Search