Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meyertj Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 08:04 PM
    What do I do?
    My girlfriend and I have been dating for for 1 month and I have just found out she was pregnant with my child. Now she doesn't want to spend any time with me what so ever. I have been a little clingy lately but I just want her to know that I am here for her and the child I just want to know if she is scared. I am just getting very angry about everything and I am suffering at work. I just don't want to have my child seprated from me. What do I do?
    Sissy14 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Please forgive me but I am assuming you were not planning on getting pregnant so it might be unsual that she would know so soon. You have been dating for 1 mo & she just now found out she pregnant is there a possibility that the child could be someone else's? I know that is very difficult question to ask. This might be worth talking to her about even thought it might be heartbreaking. If you are sure that it is your child then ask your girlfriend to sit down and talk to you and explain your feelings to her and ask what she is feeling. Good luck I hope all works out for you.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 29, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sissy14
    Please forgive me but I am assuming you were not planning on getting pregnant so it might be unsual that she would know so soon. You have been dating for 1 mo & she just now found out she pregnant is there a possiblity that the child could be someone elses? I know that is very diffcult question to ask. This might be worth talking to her about even thought it might be heartbreaking. If you are sure that it is your child then ask your girlfriend to sit down and talk to you and explain your feelings to her and ask what she is feeling. Good luck I hope all works out for you.
    Unfortately that's what I was thinking as well... unless you guys were intimate before the relationship began, this super short time frame seems interesting. I would talk to her.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 29, 2008, 01:08 AM
    I agree, unless you two had sex your first week of dating, it actually MORE likely the baby isn't yours, although I am glad you are responding better than she is at the moment.

Based on the way she's standing you off, I also think this is likely as it would be VERY hard for her to admit to you.

Your best course, and maybe the only straight answer you're going to get, is to leave her alone for about 8 weeks. If she comes back, you can joyfully request a paternity test "because you are so excited about the whole thing...you don't mind, do you?"

If she doesn't get back in touch with you, well, then you have your paternity answer as well... and she just can't face you about it.

1 month a pregnancy scare... not impossible, but highly unlikely. I hope you take this as a life warning... although I see you aren't actually upset by the pregnancy, which is something!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 29, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Now is not the time for your personal issues, so back off this female a bit, as the last thing you need is an upset, pregnant female on your hands. Let this emotional dust settle, and when she delivers get a paternaty test, and establish child support, and visitations thru the courts, if its yours. Sorry the timing is a little suspect. Make sure.

May 29, 2008, 05:52 AM
    Awnsering you guys back
    We had unprotected sex the second night together. We are still dating but she just seems very distant she will be going to the doctor Monday to be absolutely sure but has taken two pregnancy tests both of which showed positive. But she was apparently on the deporal shot when we had sex. Can the deporal shot be screwing with the hormones in her body showing a positive pregnancy test?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 06:06 AM
    You did not have to do a separate post for your answer to people question, but your new so you didn't know. You could have simply answer your own question for a respond because now it might get confusing. If you want you can do it now and delate this post.
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 06:15 AM
    How old are you? If you had unprotected sex the second day of knowing her then there a chance she is pregnant and if two tests came back positive and your still is unsure because she was on birth control then the next step is to go to a doctor. She might be distant because she's is unsure of what to do and weighting her options. Did you at least let you know what she plan on doing with the pregnancy? It great that you are willing and ready to step up and man up but this could have been avoided if you worn a hat and luckily you didn't catch something that will stay with you for life. In the future cover up!

May 29, 2008, 06:48 AM
    Deprol shot
    We had unprotected sex the second night together. We are still dating but she just seems very distant she will be going to the doctor Monday to be absolutely sure but has taken two pregnancy tests both of which showed positive. But she was apparently on the deporal shot when we had sex. Can the deporal shot be screwing with the hormones in her body showing a positive pregnancy test?

May 29, 2008, 06:59 AM
    I am 23 years old my girlfriend is 21 and we will definitely keep the child there is no way I would put my child into an adoption service. We have discussed that we would keep the child. The only reason I didn't wear a hat is because it was a spur of the moment thing and I didn't have one on me dumb huh?

May 29, 2008, 07:04 AM
    I feel like I am in the movie knocked up. If you haven't seen it go take sometime and watch it now. Then you will know what I am dealing with.
    kronenc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 07:17 AM
    You must have some "facts" incorrect. You use "deprol shot" and then in post "deporal" I don't know of any drug called deporal. Deprol is a type of antidepressant. I encourage you to talk to the girl and get more info... is she a psych case?
    kronenc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2008, 07:20 AM
    I just posted to your first question and now I read this one. Sounds like a psych case and you may have to set limits and boundaries on yourself, recognizing that this ain't goin' anywhere fast. Tell me, how does a pregnant woman not want/need the help of a willing "father", ifin you are da father?
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by meyertj
    I feel like I am in the movie knocked up. If you havent seen it go take sometime and watch it now. then you will know what I am dealing with.

I saw it own it and love it. I just you asking can deprovera makes a pregnancy test positive, its possible but if two tests were taken it possiblty she's pregnant. I found out I was pregnant to 4 more because I was shocked. Me and my girlfriend looked like the girls buying pregnancy tests in knocked up, the guy the counter stated you only need one, but we said so what and brought $60 worth of tests. Monday not far just be ready to hear what the test already told you.

May 29, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Thank you for helping me through this tuff time. I only wish my girlfriend was so understanding.
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

May 29, 2008, 03:13 PM
    Ummm, maybe the reason she is ignoring you is she slept with you on the second night! Sounds like you were a booty call and you both made a stupid mistake not using a condom (and get yourself tested for STDs! ). Or maybe she is ignoring you because she doesn't want the child, and she doesn't want to fight you about a possible abortion. You've only known each other for an EXTREMELY short time, maybe she's more independent than you would like if you're a clinger.
    alwaystrue Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 29, 2008, 05:06 PM
    No matter what the outcome is I bet you use a condom no matter what especially with someone the next day of meeting them.

She probulary see she can use you and was already pregnant and that's why she pinning it on you and was quick to have unprotected sex with you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search