Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danney44 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
    Chest pain
    Lately I have been having really bad pains in my left chest. It only occurs when I am eating or drinking something. Most of the time I cannot even finish my meal or drink because the pain is so hurtful. I am a 14 year old female.
    OlivesNCream Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Dec 11, 2007, 04:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danney44
    Lately i have been having really bad pains in my left chest. It only occurs when i am eating or drinking something. Most of the time i cannot even finish my meal or drink because the pain is so hurtful. I am a 14 year old female.
    By any chance have you done any heavy lifting? [a box or maybe your school bag? ]

When I was your age, I had a similar experience- except that every time I tried to move my left arm, a shooting pain went through my chest. It turned out to be a badly pulled muscle that --to this day-- hasn't healed thoroughly. I still end up pulling it on occasion and sometimes eating and drinking does hurt.

How long has this been happening for? If it's been a few days, then I would suggest telling your parent[s]/guardian[s] and having them take you to the doctor to get it checked out.

It's likely that it isn't anything serious, but if it is bothering you, you should make sure that it's checked out so that it can be fixed.

Dec 11, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Acually it started about a week ago. And I don't recall any heavy lifting before that, and yesterday I was carrying a lot of heavy things and it didn't seem to bother me to lift anything. So I don't think that it is a pulled muscle.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 11, 2007, 04:31 PM
    Have you been ill recently? Maybe a cold with a cough?

Dec 11, 2007, 04:40 PM
    No not at all. Ive been having a lot of stomach problems lately, but no cold or cough.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2007, 05:39 PM
    It could be a digestion problem like heart burn/acid indigestion. Your best bet is make a doctors appointment so you aren't trying to fix something that isn't the problem.
    wewed100606 Posts: 228, Reputation: 36

Jan 29, 2008, 03:05 PM
    I couldn't give NoHelp4u any props because of the system, but they are exactly right. You have heartburn babe! It is a combination of your diet and your weight and general health, by looking through your other posts, all your stress, your weight problem, and your eating choices are all probably contributing! I hope it got better by now, but if it comes back again think about getting on some Pepcid regularly!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Chest pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have been experiencing chest pain for approx a week now. The pain is over my left breast area and proceeds under and down my armpit. When I am relaxed it hurts more, when active I have dull ache. I am a 31 year old male.

Chest pain [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 18 and been having chest pain for 4 months the doc said it is not a heartattack and they said it is a pulled muscel what else could it be for me to have it for so long:confused:

Chest pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 38 year old male in pretty good health I think. About 7 months ago I went to the emergency room because I was having some chest pains and felt dizzy. I also had tingling down my arm. After the EKG, blood work, CT scan and heart monitoring, they sent me home telling me that everything was...

Sharp Chest Pain [ 2 Answers ]

I am 38 yr old female who has been experiencing the worst pain in my left side of my chest all day. I have taken ibuprofen & aspirin and it isn't getting any better. I have no indigestion, or injured myself. I'm at my wits end. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search