Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramhal Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 03:23 PM
    Insurance checks
    Do I have to report insurance checks I received following a job accident? If yes, How ?
    I haven't received any form except the W2 for the income prior to the accident.

Thank you.
    vaya Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2006, 05:08 PM
    What kind of insurance that was? Who paid for it?

Vaya
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 12, 2006, 06:48 AM
    Ramhal:

Most, if not all, of the insurance settlement is NOT taxable because they are reimbursements for expenses incurred because of the accident.

If, however, you were disabled by the accident and are not receiving disability payments from your employer, those disability payments are taxable because your employer paid for the disability insurance.

If YOU paid for the disability insurance, then the payments are tax-free.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About background checks [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for a new job, and want to find out how to get a background check on myself, some of my passed employment dates may be incorrect. Just want to see what a possible employer will see about me.?

Post dating checks [ 23 Answers ]

Is it ever legal to post date a check?

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Background Checks [ 2 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

My husband recently applied for a supervisor position at a large corporation. He was asked to fill out paperwork for a background check, physical, urine, etc... They made him a "conditional offer". I am concerned because we have had some credit problems over the last year and a half -- we...

View more questions Search