Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmandangu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 10:53 AM
    "the requested look up key was not found in any active activation contex"
    I am trying to open windows on the internet but am getting message written "the requested look up key was not found in any active activation context".What do I do?Thank you in advance!
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2012, 05:50 PM
    Step 1:Uninstall Internet Explorer 7 and check if the issue is resolved: How to uninstall Internet Explorer 7
    Step 2 : Repair Internet Explorer 6 by using the System File Checker in Windows XP.

If you already have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed, and you do not want to install Internet Explorer 8, you may be able to resolve problems with Internet Explorer 6 by running the System File Checker.

To run the System File Checker, follow these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run type sfc /scannow, and then press ENTER.
    2. Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
    3. Restart the computer when System File Checker process is complete.

You may also refer to: How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
    Source: Microsoft Answers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Xp service pack 3 lookup key was not found in any active activation context [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to install Xp service pack 3 and then it stopped the install and gave me an error (Access denied) so I went in to the registry and gave myself access and now It gives me a new problem (lookup key was not found in any active activation context) If any one can let me know what...

The request lookup key was not found in any active activation context [ 21 Answers ]

Hi there Please can somebody help me by guiding me on how to solve this problem I have with my internet. Well the problem is when I type in a web address in the address bar on top but every time I click on Go it comes up with : "THE REQUEST LOOKUP KEY WAS NOT FOUND IN ANY ACTIVAITON CONTEXT"...

The requested lookup key was not found in any activation context [ 3 Answers ]

Well, everything was fine until I changed my ip , then it all began, yhe dialup window would not disappear, then i.e. won't come on, spo I clicked in i.e. it would then display home web site, but evertime I attempted to browse the internet, the error message would always appear and I couldn't go...

The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context [ 1 Answers ]

How can I fix "the requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context"

The request lookup key was not found in any active activation context [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot browse the internet by typing in address in the address bar or download email attachments. I get the following message 'the request lookup key was not found in any active activation context'. Please Help ASAP.

View more questions Search