Ask
    pheonix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 07:25 PM
    How do I prepare an indirect statement of cash flow
    How do I prepare an indirect statement of cash flow. :rolleyes: :eek:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 24, 2007, 12:19 AM
    Perhaps what you find on the following site will be of help to you.

Managing Your Cash Flow

From the same site as above:

VII. Indirect Method

Popular because of its relative simplicity, the indirect method has you start with a figure for net income (from your income statement) and helps you adjust this accrual amount for any items that do not affect cash flows. There are three basic types of adjustments:

Revenues and expenses that do not involve cash inflows or outflows (e.g. cost allocations such as depreciation and amortization)
    Gains and losses on events reported in other sections of the statement of cash flows
    Conversions of current operating assets and liabilities from the accrual to the cash basis
    Note: When determining the change in current assets do not include the cash and cash equivalent accounts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statement of cash flow [ 2 Answers ]

If its stated that " $40,000 stock dividend was declared and issued during the year", does it mean the company already paid the dividend? Statement of cash flow is too complicated :confused:

Cash flow statement [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I really need help with this question What information does a statement of cash flows provided? Pleaes include the 3 componenets of the statement and give an example of a finanacial transaction that would be found in each section

Statement of Cash Flow [ 1 Answers ]

If enventory increases during the year, how is that shown on the statement of cash flow? A. addition in the operating activities section B. dedcution in the operating activities section C. addition in the investing activities section D. subtraction from the investing activities section The...

CASH FLOW INDIRECT METHOD (I will appreciate any effort) [ 2 Answers ]

here is the question : balance sheet assets 2002 2001 cash 29000 13000 accounts receivable 28000...

View more questions Search