Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Raven145 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2007, 11:01 PM
    Purplish black hair! Wanting to get rid of the purple
    Well, 3 days ago I went to the hairdressers to get my hair done ! I asked for a dark brown with reddy streaks! But, it didn't come out the way I wanted it to! Instead, my hair is nearly black. And the black has a really weird, noticeable purple tinge in the sunlight! And I've got the red streaks( which I like)! I don't mind the blackish colour, but I really don't like the purplish colour I've got! Does anyone have any tips on how to get the purplish colour to fade but to keep to black ? So basically does anyone know how to make purplish black hair normal black? I don't want to use a prell shampoo because I don't know what it is and plus, from what I've read it makes red turn to orange, so I don't want my red streaks to turn orange :S I don't know what a clarifyin shampoo is as well :S I've had my hair coloured loads of times before this, before I got it coloured, it was a light brown with blonde sreaks! Will the blonde streaks I had make the colour fade out more quick ? Because I've heard it does!
    Culd I dye my hair again or wuldnt it work because my hair is nearly black ? Or wuld it turn out even darker ?
    If you don't have any tips, does anyone know how long or how many washes it will take to get the purple to fade away ? They used a demi permanent colour on my hair!
    Also is using dish detergent to make hair colour fade bad for your hair ? Because if it is, I don't want to use that method on my hair :S
    Will someone answer me ASAP pllllzzz!! I'm desperate here!!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 29, 2007, 11:30 PM
    Demi-permanent colors can last up to 24 washings, but some demi colors can leave a permanent tint on light or color treated hair. If you want to successfully get rid of the purple tones, you will need to re-color your hair. You should consider going back to the salon and have them do a corrective color.

Oct 30, 2007, 12:31 AM
    wondering about corrective colours, demis and in need for tips!
    OK, so in my previous question I asked how to get rid of a purplish tinge from browny blackish hair! Prettylady was really helpful and said I shuld get it recoloured or go back to the hairdressers and get a corrective colour!
    does any one know what a corrective colour is and what it will do to my hair and my hair colour =S it says on the hairdressers card thing, that a colour correction cost 140 dollars and I am not prepared to waste that much money when I've alresdy wasted over 200 on what I got done!
    and if I was to get it dyed again, like chocolate brown ? What colour will it turn out ? Because I know colours turn out differently depending on what colour your hair is at the moment ! Will it actually turn out chocolate brown ? Or something darker ? And will it still stay purple ?
    and also.. if I waited for the colour to fade ? Will the purple come out as well ? Or will it always have a little bit of a purple tinge! Its not hugely purple! But it is noticeable! Everyone likes it but me!
    I've been told it takes 24 washes for a demi permanent to fade! But before, I got it coloured chocolate brown with blonde streaks, and it was a demi as well! But it faded a lot within 2 or 3 weeks ! No where near 24 washes ! Does anyone know why? Because I was wondering! And do u think my hair colour now culd fade within 2 or 3 weeks like last time ? Because I really want it to!
    I'm only 15 so my hair is still young so I don't want to do anything to it that's going to completely reck it!
    any tips ? Preferally prettylady! I'm new to this site, only joined todaay! So I don't know how to ask her personally!

Oct 30, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Will clarifying shampoo work for my nearly black/purplish hair ?
    I've been reading through the questions people have been posting about how to get hair colours to fade faster! And apparently clarifying shampoo works to help hair colour fade faster ? I've got a demi permanent blackish purplish colour! And I want it browny! Will clarifytin shampoo work for me ? And will it help to get rid of the purplish colour ? If so.. what's the average time for it to fade into a browny colour or the average time for the purplish colour to fade away ?
    I'm from aussie, so I'm not quiet sure what a clarifying shampoo is? Can I buy it from australia ? And if I can... will it damage or dry out my hair ?
    wb ! Cheeers =]
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Oct 30, 2007, 06:12 PM
    Sweetie, a corrective color is when a stylist attempts to correct unwanted tones or colors. Excessive shampooing will make your hair dry and won't completely remove the color from your hair. If you want a decent brown without the purple hue, you will need to use some kind of hair lightening product. A demi-permanant color is a deposit-only color, and it does not lighten the hair. But a permanent color with a higher strength volume-peroxide developer can be used to lighten hair color. I recommend that you get it professionally done. A stylist can mix a color to neutralize the purple tones in your hair and turn it from black to brown.
    derrie22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2009, 03:22 AM
    If u think... Yellow and purple mke brown, so by using a gold it should neutralise the purple tones, and this way the red stays red 2! Good luk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to get rid of black hair! [ 3 Answers ]

Help me please! I have always loved changing my hair color and usually go to nice salons. I am naturally a med brown. I take very good care of my hair and I am in the process of letting it grow long! I went black around November 2006... I loved and got a lot of compliments. I am sick of it now,...

How to remove BAD RED( purplish) hair color? [ 2 Answers ]

What a nightmare!! I let someone that is very close to me do my hair and it turned out PURPLE!! IT LOOKS PUNK! It is a mess... I don't want to hurt her feelings and I don't have the money to go to a salon to get it corrected- is there away to get this crao out of my hair ASAP?? :confused:

Ahh getting rid of jet black hair dye - going back brown! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! I've got such a problem! I dyed my hair a few days ago and it went ginger, so I dyed over it dark brown but it went jet black, and so I dyed over it with brown hair dye and it didn't make any difference I have brown extensions and they don't match and I can't afford black ones which I don't...

Removed black, re-colored brown, now need to remove purple [ 7 Answers ]

I recently colored my hair with a permanent color that turned my hair way too black. Based on what I read here, I removed the color with a hair color remover kit as a first step, and brought it to a color that was a bit lighter, and much redder than what I wanted to end up with. As a second...

Getting rid of midnight black hair dye [ 1 Answers ]

I recently went to walmart and bought a hair dye kit for the first time just to do something spontaniously. I have medium brown hair and I dyed it midnight black. I really dislike the color, it is too dark. I just realized I am in a wedding in 10 days and I am wearing silver. Help!! I need to get...

View more questions Search